FS: Pompino commuter

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Pompino commuter

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • FS: Pompino commuter
  • hora

Very interested- Can I have a quick spin and haggle?

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

aye if you want hora, how tall are you? Thought you were a bit shorter than me.

hora

I am shorter than you circa 5ft5 but I like bigger commuting frames

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

Pompino for sale 58cm,

clean by D0NK, on Flickr
    More pics here. I bought it in september 2008 but most of the moving parts are a lot newer. It’s a 58cm, I’m 6’2″ and fits me fine and it’s been a
    dependable commuter, I’m only flogging it now coz I’ve got a cx bike for commuting duties so this has been sat in the cupboard unused for 4 months.
    Bar, stem, headset, crank and chainring are original planet X stuff, levers are tektro, brakes are tektro mini Vs as I just wasn’t getting on with the cantis, I do still have them if you want to give them a go. Cartridge blocks and plenty of pad left, also have atleast one set of pads to go with the bike. Saddle and post were robbed 2 years back so I got another planet X coz they are comfy and a ritchey post. Last May I replaced bar tape, cables, BB (shimano) and wheels, these are Omega flip flop hubbed wheels cheapish but they spin fine and are true, some noticeable wear on the rear braking surface but there should be a decent bit of life in it yet, front looks only slightly worn. The freewheel is a shimano transferred from my new CX bike so has only done a couple of hundred miles the chain is maybe 500 miles old can’t remember tbh, not ancient anyway. I also have a fixed cog if you want to give that a try, I had a few goes at it but just didn’t feel comfortable. Gearing is 48×18 which I thought was too spinny on my first ride but after several years riding it I reckon it is bang on for none vertiginous road. Front mudguard is quite battered but functionally ok, rear guard one of the guard mountings is broken, I’ve got a ducktape fix that has held for a couple of hundred miles and seems OK, see pics. Pedals are shimano 520s recently re-greased, spin ok. Tyres are 23c schwalbe durano which are proving to be pretty puncture proof, both about 6months old and hardly any wear. I removed the guards at weekend just to check all mountings were ok (they are), bit of wear on the seat tube where the guard has rubbed, I also found a brand new front mudguard, as yet unfitted. Plenty of spacer on the fork so lanky(er) riders have room for fit or you can slam it if you so wish.

£220 collection only, manchester area but if you’re a distance away we could maybe meet halfway. Email in profile

yes the garden is a mess, I don’t care.

pop larkin

Still for sale?

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

So far yeah, not arranged anything with hora yet.

Sorry not sure what the etiquette is with this sort of thing, not a regular classified user.

pop larkin

In the meantime it looks like I’ve picked up a single cross so will leave thanks

Is it still for sale DONK?
    Ive mailed you but it got bounced back. If it is could you drop me a line?
    Mail in profile.

Thanks

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

hmm weird, you should have mail thekingisdead, let me know on here if you don’t get it.

Nothing thru yet. Have sent you another mail. Hopefully that will work,

Cheers,
    Nick

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

Got your email timed 18:34, ive responded to it, hope you get that one. Do yahoo and hotmail not like each other or something? 😕

Actually i Have got a hotmail account somewhere, will dig out the details

Not got anything yet, maybe try hallidaynick AT yahoo DOT com
    Thanks,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘FS: Pompino commuter’ is closed to new replies.