FS: Planet-X Kaffenback (48cm/S) and Cotic Roadrat (L) complete bikes – PICS!

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Planet-X Kaffenback (48cm/S) and Cotic Roadrat (L) complete bikes – PICS!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • FS: Planet-X Kaffenback (48cm/S) and Cotic Roadrat (L) complete bikes – PICS!
  • monksie

I’d be interested in one or the other of these (the Cotic mostly) if one will fit. What size rider are they for? I could collect tomorrow with cash.

Premier Icon GavinB
    Subscriber

Planet X Kaffenback (48cm)

Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres on Shimano R500 wheels
    Topeak rack
    SKS Chromoplastic mudguards (6 mths old)
    3 x 9 Shimano gearing (mix of Deore, Tiagra and Sora)
    V-brakes
    Cane Creek ergo bar ends

Good working condition, but has been used as an irregular commuter, so its basic, functional kit.

Looking for £200 (no postage option), needs to be collected from BL6 or we can always arrange a meet)

Cotic Roadrat (Large)

This is battered. Its got some rust and some thievin’ toe-rag tried to nick it a few years ago from outside a railway station, putting some dents in the top tube in the process.

That said, it has a few nice bits, such as Hope headset, Avid BB-7 brakes (160/140 rotors) and pretty fresh Conti Gatorskin 28mm tyres.

Wheels are SLX hub rear, unbranded front on SunRingle Equalizer 29 rims. Comes with SKS Chromoplastic mudguards, although front is in need of repair.

Drivetrain is 1 x 9, although fitted with a front mech for chain retention.

Looking for £50, collection from BL6.

Link to pics

Email in profile or post on here, and I’ll try to reply asap.

The kaffenback is just what I have been looking for.
    Problem is, I’m 250 miles away. Is there any chance you could post?
    Cheers, Mike.

Premier Icon bigshep
    Subscriber

Hi,
    I’d love the Roadrat, but being on the south coast its too far to collect.
    Would you consider posting?
    Many thanks
    Mark

neil_1979

I’d take the road rat if you could post? If you don’t mind posting then let me know how much total and I can PayPal this evening.

Premier Icon GavinB
    Subscriber

Hi Monksie,

Kaffenback is for around 5’4″ to around 5’8″, or thereabouts. MrsB rode it.

The Cotic feels around a 19″ mtb frame. I’m 6’3″ and it fitted nicely with flat bars, but pretty stretched with drops.

BikeMike – I’d rather not post, if at all possible. I’m down in Surrey in two weekends time, then Pitlochry 10-11 May, so that might work, depending on which direction your 250 miles sits!

Premier Icon bigshep
    Subscriber

Surreys doable for me to meet up and collect 🙂
    Would that be ok with you?
    Could do a holding deposit if you’d like.
    Mark

monksie

Bugger! I’m 5’10. Neither will fit. Thanks anyway.

Premier Icon GavinB
    Subscriber

Thanks for all the interest.

I’d still rather they were collected, so will hold off for a little while longer before posting either of them, or driving them across the country.

Hi, I’m in Hampshire so Surrey would be fine. I’ll add a bit of beer money for your trouble.
    I’ll send you an email.
    Cheers, Mike.

Premier Icon bigshep
    Subscriber

No probs,
    Email in profile if you could bring it down south with you.
    Cheers
    Mark

Premier Icon GavinB
    Subscriber

OK, the Rat is provisionally sold (to Chris) and being collected.

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

£50 for a road rat? If it isn’t already sold and you’ll drop it off within Horwich I’ll take it.
    @me.com">stw.geoffj@me.com

Premier Icon GavinB
    Subscriber

Thanks Geoff,

I’ve got a couple of offers on the table at the moment, but I’ll let you know.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘FS: Planet-X Kaffenback (48cm/S) and Cotic Roadrat (L) complete bikes – PICS!’ is closed to new replies.