FS – OT: Lots Of New Sandisk SD memory cards…

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS – OT: Lots Of New Sandisk SD memory cards…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • FS – OT: Lots Of New Sandisk SD memory cards…
  • dooge

Hi all,

I bought a job lot of photographic stuff from Ebay and amongst it was a mass of memory cards. Having given some away as xmas pressies I have decided to sell the following.

12 8gb Sandisk Ultra II SDHC cards
    4 2gb Sandisk Ultra II SDHC cards
    2 Sandisk Cruzer Micro 8gb USB flash drives.

Tallying this lot up by current average prices (Jessops.com – cheaper than Amazon for cards at the moment!) it comes to a whopping £400 approx. These are genuine cards and not fakes. They are all brand new and sealed in their packaging. I would like £160 posted for the lot or they can be bought individually however I would much rather these go in one lot.

£14 posted for the 8gb cards each or £60 for 5.
    £5 posted for the 2gb cards each or £18 for 4.
    £10 posted each for the 8gb flash drives each or £16 for the 2.

These prices are to match or better Ebay prices regardless of the fact that almost all the cards on Ebay are probably fakes!

Pictures are available, just ask. No swaps and there isnt really anything I am interested in (unless you are selling a Canon Speedlite 430EX II and wanting a swap!)

Doug

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

I bought a job lot of photographic stuff from Ebay and amongst it was a mass of memory cards

These are genuine cards and not fakes.

These prices are to match or better Ebay prices regardless of the fact that almost all the cards on Ebay are probably fakes!

You bought off Ebay and say the cards are genuine, yet you say that all cards on Ebay are probably fakes. 😕

Premier Icon JohnClimber
    Subscriber

Too expensive…….

I bought 2 x 2Gb cards from Aldi 2 weeks ago for about £4.70.
    Im sure they’ll still have them left.

epo-aholic

john, not all memory cards are the same though!

IF they are genuine its a good deal!

Schmey

Can I get a pic of the flash drive please?
    schmey1@gmail.com

nbt

I’d agree with epo-aholic, your post is not helpful John. You get what you pay for, the Sandisk cards will be far better in terms of data transfer than the aldi cards (yes I have both)

RudeBoy

“not all memory cards are the same though!”

They mostly are. Most are made in the same factories, and badged up as other brands. Hence, the Jessops own brand ones, and the far more expensive Sandisk ones. Same thing, under the labeling. The only difference is speed. The faster ones cost more.

The Aldi ones are probably just slower cards, or maybe older chips. As ‘speeds’ increase, the price of older, slower stuff comes down. Also, the cheaper cards could be of a lower grade. Some more ‘disposable’ devices don’t need particularly high-grade chips.

As for ‘fakes’; the manufacturing process for such things is very expensive, so setting up an entire factory to manufacture counterfeit memory cards would hardly seem worth it.

The ‘expensive branded ones are better’ is a myth perpetuated by companies like Sandisk, to persuade you to spend more money.

The ones above seem very good vfm, considering their original shop prices.

goog

£14 posted for the 8gb cards each

£10 posted each for the 8gb flash drives

I’ll take one please of each please – how would you like paying ?

Premier Icon firestarter
    Subscriber

I will take both flash drives if still fs

Premier Icon firestarter
    Subscriber

Sorry goog just seen your post . I dont want just the one let me know if goog doesnt buy one cheers

dooge

Goog, send me (dooge_uk @ yahoo.com) an email as I cant get hold of yours. Firestarter, there is at least one available if you want one. Again, email me on the addy above. Sorry for the late reply.

fontmoss

ill have a 2gb if have any left? email in profile because wont be on here until tomorrow

hang on might not be in profile:

the_sick_puppy at hotmail.com

As for ‘fakes’; the manufacturing process for such things is very expensive, so setting up an entire factory to manufacture counterfeit memory cards would hardly seem worth it.

wrong. I bought one. Looked like a Sandisk Extreme IV but speed was about 50x (ie dog slow) no way it could keep up with my Nikon D200. There is a section on Ebay about fake memory cards with pictures to show you how to spot them. They’ll be slow chips packaged up to mimic fast ones.

RudeBoy

Sorry, you’re right, SFB. I should have said that, actually. That the ‘counterfeit’ ones are merely re-badged slower or older chips. Still made in the same factories, though.

Bit like bikes, then…

goog

mail sent 🙂

martyntr

do you have an 8gb left ? if so email me

martyn at teece-round dot com

how do you want paying ?

martyntr

Arrived today. Thanks. Thought it was used (as didn’t read the ad properly) so was rather pleased to find it brand spanking new. Thanks very much..

Premier Icon stevemorg2
    Subscriber

I’ll have an 8gb if you have one left – email in profile

dooge

Steve, for some reason I cant find your email addy. If you read this email me on dooge_uk @ yahoo.com.

Doug

Premier Icon stevemorg2
    Subscriber

Doug,

my emails keep bouncing back – could you mail me at stevemorg(AT)hotmailDOTcom ?

stugus

Still any left mate?

If so can I have 2 for £25?

Paypal ready and waiting!

stuartgoss at hotmail.com (remove spaces)

Thanks!
    stu

dooge

I have one 8gb sandisk card and one 8gb usb stick left now. People who have emailed recently, those have been put back for you.

bumbly1

I’ll take the 8gb card, if still available, email in profile.

Tom

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘FS – OT: Lots Of New Sandisk SD memory cards…’ is closed to new replies.