FS (OT) Canon mount Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX IF HSM.

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS (OT) Canon mount Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX IF HSM.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • FS (OT) Canon mount Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX IF HSM.
  • nbt

I bought this lens on Talk Photography last year and have rarely used it since. You’ll be able to find the old threads if you look through my posting history over there. As when it was originally sold to me, the lens is in general good condition, with no scratches, dings or dents on the body or glass, no visible dust behind any of the elements.

As is common with these type of sigma lenses some of the paint has started to peel. (see images).

It produces sharp images even wide open, and I have personally used it with my 500D. Previous owners have used it with the following bodies, Canon 1DS MKII, 40D, 7D, 1DMKII, 1DS MKIII, and with both Sigma and Canon 1.4 TC’s

The tripod collar fastens firm with no play, as does the metal hood.

Included in the sale:
    Sigma 120-300 F2.8 lens
    Metal Hood
    Tripod collar
    Green carry case
    Rear end cap
    Front pouch
    Instruction booklet
    Original box

I’m not looking to make a profit on this sale, so the price is £750. This seems fair given the (higher) prices I’ve seen recently on ebay.

Payment by EBT, paypal (buyer to pay fees, I don’t expect you to use Paypal gift), cheque or cash on collection. If you want me to post, we can look at the costs of a courier.

I’m in Marple, near Stockport if you want to come and try the lens first. THere’s a chance I’ll be away on Holiday over the bank holiday weekend – location is not yet decided but that may put me close to *your* location if you wish to try it then, and it’s still available for sale

Truth is this is a lovely lens, but the reason for sale is that I’m not using it – hell, I’m not using the camera very much! I’ve started drumming again. Selling this will give me funds to buy more drum stuff.

I’ll be advertising it in other locations over the next day or two

This is the only photo I have online that I know is taken *with* the lens. THe exif shows that it’s stopped to to f5.6

Young Great Tit by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

If you need more photos (or bigger versions of those I’ve posted on photobucket), please ask for anything specific. I’ll see if I can find more photos taken with the lens and host them online

thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘FS (OT) Canon mount Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX IF HSM.’ is closed to new replies.