FS: Orange 224 Evo (Med/17" frame) – Complete or split (pics)

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Orange 224 Evo (Med/17" frame) – Complete or split (pics)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FS: Orange 224 Evo (Med/17" frame) – Complete or split (pics)
  • Premier Icon GavinB

First off, I’m not going to strip this, until the main items are sold (frame, shock, forks). Once they are off, then I’ll let the other stuff go.

I’ve owned this from new, and its been emotional. Bought in 2008, I raced it for about 4 seasons (including some Moelfre races, as you can see from the marks on the fork lowers). Fork and shock were serviced by Mojo and TF Tuned immediately after the last time it was raced (or ridden for that matter), and that was May 2012 at the Glencoe SDA round. It’s just not getting used, and I need to get rid of it.

The Fox RC4 shock can come with a steel 400lb spring or Ti 350lb (or both).

The Boxxer fork started out as a Race model, then had the internals swapped out (under warranty) for the Team compression/rebound damping unit, so it has R2C2, giving it loads of adjustment. Stanchions are really clean.

The frame is Neon Green, Medium. The bearings are perfect, and there’s no play in the shock bushings. Its got loads of marks, and a few of the original stickers are missing. I was considering getting it re-sprayed and re-stickered, but decided the next owner might want to chose their own scheme, and know the true state of it, so kept it ‘as is’.

The other kit is RF Atlas cranks, Saint BB, x9 SRAM shifter/mech, DH SRAM cassette, Sunline V1 bars and direct mount stem. Thomson post and Sunline saddle. The MRP guide got cannibalised onto another bike, so is missing the bottom roller. Hope headset.

Wheels are: Front Mavic EX721 on Hope ProII, rear EX729 on Hope ProII. Bearings are all sweet, but the rear rim has a decent ding from a clumsy run at Fort Bill a few years ago. Still runs fine, but wouldn’t want to run it tubeless.

Brakes are Hope Moto on 203mm floating rotors. I’ve got loads of spare pads and will chuck them in too.

For everything: £800 (plus whatever it costs to post, or collect/meet)

If I have to split (but please bear in mind my first comment, that I may have to hold on for a little while until I either sell the whole bike, or the main items in bold below):

Frame incl headset, seat clamp, seat post and saddle £250
    Forks £180
    Shock £200 with steel spring, £250 with Ti spring

Brakes £100 incl discs and spare pads
    Cranks £75
    Bars £15
    Stem £20
    Wheelset incl tyres £100
    Headset £40

Plenty of pics on the attached link, or email me for some more if there is some detail missing from here.

Pics link

I tried sending an email but address doesn’t seem to work (Yes, I’ve amended it to dots etc)! Can you email the address in my profile and I’ll reply?

Premier Icon GavinB

Has this sold?

Premier Icon GavinB

No, still for sale.

Drop me a mail if you want.

Premier Icon GavinB
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FS: Orange 224 Evo (Med/17" frame) – Complete or split (pics)’ is closed to new replies.