FS: Nicolai Helius AM **updated with more pics**

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Nicolai Helius AM **updated with more pics**

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • FS: Nicolai Helius AM **updated with more pics**
  • Premier Icon Andy R
    Subscriber

Just beautiful!! Oh how I wish I hadn’t seen this…..

mildred

Anodised Black Nicolai Helius AM medium frame – this is the last of the Helius AM and is classed as a 2013 model. However, I bought this direct from Nicolai UK in November 2014 so it still has 3 years left on its transferable warranty – better than you get with most new frames..!

Hardly used and in pretty much immaculate condition with the odd mark to the anodising but no dents, gouges, scrapes etc. A little minor chain rub on the left seat stay is present & I have photographed this as best I can, but it’s very difficult to see.

Geometry here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BXaMMfW7ua8WCvKnrsmArINfgVwb7GueMFSfWkULorQ/pub?single=true&gid=54&output=html

It’s a 26″ wheel frame that easily accommodates 650b wheels:

27.5″

26″

And has 4 different travel settings:
    171mm top hole
    158mm
    146mm
    136mm bottom hole

I can sell it with or without a shock. If you want it without a shock I will include the correct mounting kit. The shocks I have are:
    Avalanche SSD tuned Fox RP23 with standard volume and XV air cans.
    Push tuned Fox Van R with 500lb spring.

Both of these shocks were tuned specifically for this frame and are in perfect working order. The RP23 has 4 hours use since service & the Vanilla R has been used for one ride since its last service last February.

The frame will come with a Maxle, a brand new Sixpack Racing Kingpin headset (very nice German brand), which includes crown race for 1 1/8″ & 1.5″ forks, and a seat clamp.

Frame (including headset, maxle & seat clamp) – £650
    Frame + Avalanche RP23 – £765
    Frame + Push Vanilla R – £750
    Frame + both the above shocks – £850

These prices include delivery.

All in all it’s an absolute bargain for one of these legendary frames. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

mark2404 AT iCloud DOT com

mildred

The pics really don’t do it justice either.

mildred

Also for sale is my Reverb to suit the above frame. Not much use & everything works as it should – no issues whatsoever, no movement, & only a tiny bit of scuffing to the handlebar button where I put the bike upside down to fix a puncture – £140 posted or £100 if you buy it with the frame:

Thomson Elite 70mm, 0 degree rise, 31.8mm bar size. Mint condition £40 posted or £25 if you. It it with the frame.

Premier Icon tricky dicky
    Subscriber

Mark what size axle is this , ie 135, 142 x 10 or x 12 etc

nicolaisam

I had one of these with Lyrik Coils and a Double barrel coil on it,Was an amazing bike, and frame quality is amazing

mildred

Hi Dicky, it’s 135x12mm.

Sam (I’m sure I remember yours from here & the Nic MTBR forum) they are amazing and it’s a real shame this doesn’t get used… I found the CCDB was a bit “dead” on this frame – I prefer the pop of the Avy tuned Fox, but also love the ground hugging grip the Pushed Van R gives. As much as I like the idea of all that adjustment the CCDB gives, I never got it right. That said, I’ve had CCDBs on other bikes, none of which felt as dull as the one I tried on the Nic – makes me think I had a ropey one. I got rid fairly quick.

Premier Icon Mugboo
    Subscriber

What size shock please, sorry if I’ve missed it.

mildred

The shock size is 216x63mm.

nicolaisam

mildred – Member

Hi Dicky, it’s 135x12mm.

Sam (I’m sure I remember yours from here & the Nic MTBR forum) they are amazing and it’s a real shame this doesn’t get used… I found the CCDB was a bit “dead” on this frame – I prefer the pop of the Avy tuned Fox, but also love the ground hugging grip the Pushed Van R gives. As much as I like the idea of all that adjustment the CCDB gives, I never got it right. That said, I’ve had CCDBs on other bikes, none of which felt as dull as the one I tried on the Nic – makes me think I had a ropey one. I got rid fairly quick.

Yep that will be me.
    I found the coil CCDB fine, Air one is a different story..
    Still have an Ion 16 and an Ion20.
    Gotta love them.. Ion 16 has done over 4500 miles and is still on the original set of Pivot bearings (2.5 years)

mildred

I’m not 100% but I think they went from needle rollers to bushings in about 2011/12. These haven’t been touched yet and they’re still like new. To those who don’t know, Nicolai pivots can be adjusted for wear & tear… they seem to last forever..!

The Thomson stem is now sold.

mildred

The frame has now been sold.

mildred

Reverb still available.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘FS: Nicolai Helius AM **updated with more pics**’ is closed to new replies.