FS: Nearly New 2012 Commencal Meta AM VIP Frame – Large

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Nearly New 2012 Commencal Meta AM VIP Frame – Large

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • FS: Nearly New 2012 Commencal Meta AM VIP Frame – Large
  • Hob Nob

Annoyingly I don’t really want to be doing this, but due to getting a job with an importer/distributor and will have to ride a frame imported by them, rather than a rival company.

It’s annoying because I really like this bike!

Great suspension system that works well. This frame is very current in it’s design, with a decent sized wheelbase, low BB, slack head angle, 150mm travel & strong. Not like the Commencal’s of old, they have had no reported breakages of the new AM/SX platform.

The VIP frame includes the upgraded Fox RP23 Boost Valve rear shock over the more basic unit, also included is the Rock Shox 142×12 rear Maxle.

I’ve only had this bike for a few short months and as a result it’s only been ridden maybe 15 or so times. Condition wise, it’s obviously almost as new. There are a couple of little marks but that is all.

As I bought it new, any warranty issues you can come through me.

£800 ONO.

Where are you based?
    does it include BB, headset, seat collar? or just frame?

Hob Nob

Will drop you a message now.

Should have included in the ad to be fair.

BB is included, it’s got conversion bearings so you can run any HT2 crankset (68/73mm). I used the Enduro Max ones, which are available individually (from BETD). It’s a 5 minute job to replace them if they wear out.

Seat collar also included & the top half of the headset. Bike has also been helitaped from new 🙂

Sorry to hijack your posted but I have a meta am frame
    And the only bb I can get to fit my xt chain set is dura ace press fit
    Would be interested in what concision kit you have used as I have gone thought 4 bottom bracket this year

Hob Nob

Hey, no problem.

You can knock the bearings out of the cups that sit in the frame quite easily (they should be little more than a push fit). Then order some replacements from BETD which are these:

My Mrs has a Meta SX with these in, as like you, her Dura Ace BB lasted about a month. These have been on her bike for 11 months now & still running smooth.

Couldn’t see any contact details on here, so PM’ed you over on Pinkbike re the frame.
    Cheers, Callum

Hi is the frame still for sale. Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘FS: Nearly New 2012 Commencal Meta AM VIP Frame – Large’ is closed to new replies.