Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • FS maintanence
  • IamSam
    Free Member

Hi all.

having not ridden the larger bike for a fortnight its now had the hubs, BB and headset cleaned and regressed and I have been looking at all the pivots which allow the back end to move, should i be regressing these on a reasonably regular basis as well??

This has been my first FS bike and I would like it to last me longer than its going to take me to pay it off.

What sort of maintenance do people do? Its an 09 zesty 514 by the way if that makes any difference

Taa Sam

nickc

depends, if the moving parts are bearings, then yes the occasional squirt of grease is probably going to do some good, If they're bushes then it won't

psychle
    Free Member

thought you were selling maintenance for a second there! 😆

Sounds like you're doing all the right things, though I keep forgetting to do the same for my FSR Enduro! 😳

glenh
    Free Member

Aren't they all cartridge bearings on the zesty?
    If so, just ride until they rattle and then replace them (incidentally all the cartridge bearings on my 3 year old commencal meta are still fine, despite plenty of mud, water etc thrown at them).

IamSam
    Free Member

Glenh,

Hope what you say is true, haven't taken the bearing covers off so have no idea what's underneath them. Hope if they are cartridge bearings that they hold up better than the headset did which died after three months (hence the regular greasing now) It was made of rusty cheese and exploded in my hand when I tried to clean it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘FS maintanence’ is closed to new replies.