FS: Kinesis Tripster frame/fork/etc module

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Kinesis Tripster frame/fork/etc module

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • FS: Kinesis Tripster frame/fork/etc module
  • Premier Icon gonetothehills
    Subscriber

Sad to part with it as it’s been my ‘go to’ bike for a couple of years and we’ve done several thousand miles together, but my head’s been turned by the titanium version so I’ve got to make way…

Owned from new, this is the frame, fork, headset, seat post, seat clamp and a pair of SKS mudguards. The frame is disc only, 54cm C-T and is a greener blue than the pics suggest. I’ve included a pic of it built up that gives you a better idea of the colour. I’m 5′ 11″ and the seatpost is shown at it’s normal extension – plenty of movement either way.

The frame is no oil painting – it’s done loads of miles in all weathers, my commute is 22 miles each way on mainly back lanes, so there are plenty of marks, chips and a couple of deeper scratches to the inside of the drive side seat stay where I put the rear mech into the back wheel. Kinesis supplied me with a new mech hanger and a bottle of touch up paint. The mech hanger’s on the bike – the paint isn’t, but it’s there if you’re better at DIY than I am. The forks have carbon legs with alloy dropouts and disc mount and the lacquer on the alloy parts is a bit shaky. I’ve spoken to Kinesis about it and they’re not concerned – it’s purely cosmetic.

The rear takes a 135mm hub, so is perfect for a mountain bike disc hub. I’ve left the mudguards in place as well as the frame protection (it’s mainly the thick heli tape that Upgrade sell) because it was quite a task getting the stays shaped to fit around the disc brakes, but they’re solid and quiet and work well. The front guard’s even got a nice mudflap on it too.

Seatpost is a good quality Kinesis alloy one, the headset is the original integrated Cane Creek one that came with the bike and the seat clamp is a scratched white bolt up one.

Built up, it makes for a truly great do-it-all bike. It’s been the perfect fast commuter, a reliable winter training bike and though I’ve only used it for light off road riding (gravel tracks at most) I imagine it would make a half decent cyclocross bike too. Have a look at the Kinesis website for more ideas of how you can build it up, but mine had a Tiagra triple group set on it, drop bars and some very nice deep section Halo/Novatec wheels with Cont 4 Seasons 28mm tyres. There’s more than enough room to run knobbly cross tyres if you want.

Looking for £210 + postage to include frame, fork, headset, seat post, seat clamp, mudguards and touch up paint. I’m based in the North West if you want to have a look – very happy to meet up – or I’ve got more photos and am happy to chat through the detail if you want me to courier it in a proper bike box. Any questions please just drop me a line.

Built up:

Premier Icon Mal-ec
    Subscriber

£200 posted + you’ve got a deal.
    email in profile.
    Cheers

Premier Icon Mal-ec
    Subscriber

Can I just say that GTTH’s is the best seller I’ve ever dealt with on here, or anywhere else. Fantastic communication, sorted out delivery superfast + was just generally a top bloke to deal with. Cheers for that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘FS: Kinesis Tripster frame/fork/etc module’ is closed to new replies.