FS: Kinesis Maxlight XC ProCarbon 2 17", Rock Shox Reba SL, Hope, XT kit

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Kinesis Maxlight XC ProCarbon 2 17", Rock Shox Reba SL, Hope, XT kit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FS: Kinesis Maxlight XC ProCarbon 2 17", Rock Shox Reba SL, Hope, XT kit
  • JonR

Looks like a bit of a bargain to me that, if I was in the market for a new hardtail I'd be on that in a flash.

Premier Icon neilc1881
    Subscriber

My Kinesis MaxLight XC Pro Carbon 2 is for sale. It’s a medium frame size with a Rock Shox Reba fork. Over the last couple of years it’s been used a lot for everything from 100km epic rides to xc racing. Recently though it’s taken a back seat as I’ve been riding full bouncers a lot more – and racing xc a lot less!
    The build is as follows:
    Frame: Kinesis Maxlight XC ProCarbon 2 17”
    Fork: Rock Shox Reba SL 100mm (115mm if spacer is removed)
    Brakes: Hope Mono Mini (180mm front, 160mm rear, spare pads included)
    Chainset: Shimano Hollowtech I (Octalink BB)
    Front Mech: Shimano XT
    Rear Mech: Shimano XT (Brand new – but not the shadow version)
    Shifters: Shimano XT (screen on left shifter is broken)
    Seatpost: Fire-eye Thompson copy
    Saddle: Selle Italia Flite (a little creaky – a squirt of GT85 solves this!)
    Stem: Tioga 80mm
    Bars: Easton EA50 low rise XC
    Grips: Brand new lock-ons
    Pedals: Shimano LX SPD
    Wheels: Alex rim front, Sunn rear (new discs)
    Tyres: Nokian NBX lite front, Kenda Small block-8 rear

The wheels and chainset are a little below what you’d expect to see on a race bike like this (I’ve swapped them onto my Giant Anthem) and the fork does have some wear on the lower part of the stanchion, though I replaced the bushes in the lower legs before winter. The frame is in good condition with no dents or gouges but it does have plenty of stone chips and rub marks. I do have photos I can email if you are interested (neil.d.cox@googlemail.com).

New the frame alone cost £399, a few upgrades would have this bike flying. I’m prepared to post the bike if necessary but would prefer buyer to collect (I’m near Brecon, South Wales). Postage would be £35 and there may be a delay while I try and find a box big enough!

£500 ono
    cheers,
    Neil

can you email me some pics please
    email in profile
    thanks

Premier Icon neilc1881
    Subscriber

Cheers Jon R!
    Singlecrack – I've emailed you some pictures.
    Neil

chrish

Can you send me pics please

Premier Icon Gravy
    Subscriber

If not yet sold can I have a couple of pics please.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FS: Kinesis Maxlight XC ProCarbon 2 17", Rock Shox Reba SL, Hope, XT kit’ is closed to new replies.