FS Jones One Space Frame

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS Jones One Space Frame

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • FS Jones One Space Frame
  • kidsuma

testing the water …anyone after an original Jones 04, built for front suspension and SS or geared.
    Its the bike featured in this MTBR thread found here….I am selling the frame only. I guess its offers over £2000
    null

kidsuma
    Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

29r??
    size??

But surely they are the ultimate bike? So perfect no one would ever sell, etc?

😉

kidsuma

If you look at the link it says 29er! And out with the tape…19″ seat tube C to top. One size 23″ effective TT (this was before Jeff made them up in a 24″) Oh and the frame is made from Ti! 🙂 Phil Wood EBB drilled out, SS or D hanger at the rear.

kidsuma

Yea I know…6 bikes all beauty’s, one of them must go. Could sell the Strong but reckon the Jones is more collectable. Made by the man himself, this is now impossible to get. And if you see the build sequence …Aqua’s thread on MTBR for example you can see that this frame was made with perfection in mind!

fatface

post a photo we can see

kidsuma, I was taking the piss out of the nicheness of it.

“made with perfection in mind”, blah, blah, blah.

kidsuma

Fatface…click on the link in the second post!
    Flashheart…I agree, its just a bike, its just a very very nice bike! I dont think its niche, I think it is very very well made and designed and you get what you pay for but after the first £500 each moment of love n care costs $$$$$….wonga! If your bored go ride in the frozen mud….then lets talk! 🙂

fatface

clicked on the link, no pictures

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

I think you need to be a member of MTBR to see the pics.

kidsuma

BTW at todays exchange rate the Merlin Jones will cost £3,600 without postage or tax, which could easily take it over £4000. So you need to add a fork to this Jones, an 09 Reba will set you back £400, so for just over half price you get an original Jones that’s front suspended. Ok some may want a rigid ride…fine go look elsewhere, but I know there are some of you who would love this particular kind of Jones…….well?

kidsuma

Oh sheet I thought everyone was a member of MTBR! Hey Fatface this is a great reason to join….you wont regret it!

Andyhilton

No offence mate but you come across as a bit of an arse.

tails

haha I love comments like that. Don’t take it offensively but your a tosser! 😕

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

That’s a bit harsh – what gives that impression?

tails

Just to avoid confusion my comment was a joke aimed at andyhilton comment, I’m not calling the OP a tosser. thankyou and goodnight.

bomberman

Why should we all join mtbr so we can look at your bike? if you want it sold at least go to the effort to post a picture of this wonderful peice of machinery. yawn.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

FFS.

Give the guy a break.

He’s just trying to sell a frame 🙄

fontmoss

come on stu, its not just a frame its a lifestyle choice

kidsuma didnt you get the memo making it clear jones owners must try harder than others not to offend/wind up/impress riders of non-jones’?

Premier Icon Woody
    Subscriber

Jealousy can turn people right to$$ers :mrgreen:

petesam

well, i definitely can’t afford to buy it, but i was interested so i just had a look on the jones site, then signed up to mtbr to look at the photos – took me literally 15 seconds. don’t know what all the fuss is about tbh. yeah, i have to agree it is a bit nichey, but that doesn’t make the dude an arse, it’s just a seriously well thought out but expensive bike. anyway let’s leave this thread in peace for people who might actually want to buy it…

Nobody will buy it unless the lottery numbers come up nicely. The piccy would be nice nevertheless.

Premier Icon thekingofsweden
    Subscriber

Calm down its not like he has asked you to send a cheque to nigeria then will send the the frame on to somalia then you go and see his grandmother in canada or something like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess if your that serious about buying a jones then you just want one and come on a jones with suspension !!!! isn’t that like beef in a veggie pasty or something

RudeBoy

No need to abuse the bloke. Banter is one thing, abuse is out of order.

S’a lot of money isn’t it?

These are the pics posted on mtbr, i registered out of interest to have a looksee, yes im that bored! Nice looking bike tho 🙂

Premier Icon Napalm
    Subscriber

Kidsuma,

Hello, I’m interested but I can’t register to MBTR or see the pictures (Council restrictions I think) at the moment.
    Can you drop me an Email to simoncatmur at hotmail dot com and I’ll follow this up with you.

Thanks

kidsuma

Thanks biscuitandpotato for posting the photo’s…..

PikeBN14

Why do people feel the need to ‘get involved’ in someone elses sale if they have no intention of buying the thing! If you know what a Jones frame is, you know it’s going to be expensive!

I just wish I has £2k to spend on it!

Sorry, guess this makes me as bad as the rest, but at least I was looking because I love Jones’s work and was just dreaming you may be a complete fool and be asking £300 for it 🙄 😀

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

anyone make a ‘smith’ frame as an antidote to the jones?

fontmoss

yeah but its fatter and less entertaining

kidsuma

Jeeez! This thread is about selling a bike frame….

Premier Icon psling
    Subscriber

Remember, the OP is a real person; there really is no need to be offensive about him! For the record, the OP appreciates and rides quality bikes. I have bought frames from him before and been very pleased; indeed, I would be seriously interested in this one if I had the dosh ;~)

kidsuma

Cheers mate! BTW hows that nice bit of Ti going? I wont say what it was in case were flamed!

fatface

thanks for the pics

that’s my ultimate mtb BTW.

without a doubt.

Premier Icon miketually
    Subscriber

Some good discussion about this frame, and Jones bikes in general at http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=348185. The Jones haters need to take a look at Jeff Jones’ 26er on that thread 🙂

martinh

According to this thread the frame’s vital statistics are:

[list]
    [*]Bike is built for a 180 lb rider.[/*]
    [*]HTA 71[/*]
    [*]STA 72[/*]
    [*]ETT 23.5î[/*]
    [*]BBH 298mm / 11.73î[/*]
    [*]CSL 457mm / 18î[/*]
    [/list]

hi kidsuma, need to ride mate will mail ya soon. Still ain’t broke the singular !

kidsuma

Hey lookman cant wait to see it…..I might have some space this weekend…let me know! I should build up the Jones so you can check it out…need a bleedin permit to sell one nowadays!

kidsuma

wispers…….psst………..Anyone want to buy a frame!….jonesssssssss……..original……no chinese copy 😉

Premier Icon Woody
    Subscriber

Jeez – this thread is crazy

£2k for a beautifully engineered, hand crafted titanium frame, or this for £2,445.99 …….

I know which frame I’d rather be riding in a few years time 🙄

kidsuma

Yea the Jones

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘FS Jones One Space Frame’ is closed to new replies.