FS: Intense 5.5 EVP frame. Price dropped again!

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Intense 5.5 EVP frame. Price dropped again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FS: Intense 5.5 EVP frame. Price dropped again!
  • If you wanna get rid of the Rp23 by itself then let me know.

Open to offers on the below – I’ve already bought a replacement so need to free up some space!

Medium Intense 5.5 EVP frame in Intense Red. This is the 2009 model (the last year they were made), bought new in 2010 – I’ve owned it for around 15 months. Frame geometry available here: http://www.hfutmpa.com/product_INTENSE-55-EVP-FRAME-WITH-FOX-RP23-07.html

Frame is in fantastic condition – a couple of scuffs to the Intense sticker on the non-driveside seatstay is probably the worst of it! Drive-side chainstay has been wrapped and the lower side of the driveside seatstay is velcro’d up. Includes Intense-branded seatclamp and Chris King headset.

Two shock options with this frame:
    – the original Fox Float RP23 which came with the frame. This has only a few hours of riding on before I switched it out, so is in great condition (shock shaft is unmarked).
    – a Cane Creek Double Barrel coil shock. Bought this second hand from the forums here, then picked up the mounting hardware from Cane Creek in the US and mounted it up.

Frame with RP23: £500 550 600 posted
    Frame with CCDB: £700 750 800 posted
    Frame with both shocks: £800 850 900 posted

Postage is included in the prices above, but I’m happy to meet up to save on postage costs (I live in London but do travel a bit). I’ve tried to include a decent set of photos below, but happy to take more if you want close ups of specific areas.

Would be interested in the ccdb and am in London so could give you cash on collection. What would be your best price? Cheers Paul

I’d want to make sure the frame went first, but happy to sell on any leftover shock. Will get in touch if that happens!

Interested in the frame to replace my 575, what condition are the bearings? Also what does it ride like as the head angle seems quite steep.

Bearings are in decent condition – they’ve not been changed since I bought the frame, but I pulled the shock and the rear end cycles through the stroke just fine. Given I’m a fair weather cyclist and split the load across 3 bikes, I think they’ll be good for a while longer 🙂

I found the ride to be fine, even with the slightly steep head angle. Having said that, I was running 140mm forks on the frame. Intense recommend 100-130mm – I think if you went down to 100mm the frame would be pretty twitchy. Having said that, I did briefly try 160mm on the front and it was really wandery – I think 140 is about as high as you’d want to go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FS: Intense 5.5 EVP frame. Price dropped again!’ is closed to new replies.