FS: Howies Extra MIler, Convertible Jacket/Gilet, Army Green, Like new

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Howies Extra MIler, Convertible Jacket/Gilet, Army Green, Like new

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • FS: Howies Extra MIler, Convertible Jacket/Gilet, Army Green, Like new
  • Premier Icon mudfish
    Subscriber

Howies Extra Miler, Schoeller 3XDRY
    Convertible Jacket/Gilet, Army Green, Like new, PICS
    XXL fits 6 footer’s arm length.
    Cost £100, so £60.00 prefer collection, Brighton

The XXL choice was all about sleeve length, at 6’2″ I have long arms and Howies guys correctly recommended this one, I just never seem to wear it, so it has to go. I’ll put it in the wash and this wil be it’s 2nd wash ever. It’s hardly been worn at all.

Bike Radar wrote:
    “A great choice for anyone who doesn’t want to look like a cyclist.”
    The Extra Miler goes, figuratively, the extra mile to give you a bunch of extra features and an improved overall fit. The biggest news is the zip off arms which turns this Schoeller 3Xdry jacket into a gilet. Twin vertical chest pockets also have mesh backs so they can double as vents, with a rear zip top pocket for stowage. We love the matt olive ‘jungle’ colour, drop tail and slightly shorter front – which helps bike fit without ruining it as a casual jacket. Plus it’s got cosy micro-fleece neck liner and reflective piping as, afterall, safety never takes a holiday. But we don’t like the cuff end of the sleeves that are just a bit too baggy. Still, it makes a great choice for anyone who knows that bike wear doesn’t have to look ‘bikey’.

Actually I like the cuffs as they can be velcro-ed or loose, so they allow good ventilation unlike simple elasticated ones.

Schoeller write:
    The 3XDRY®-Advanced Moisture Management-finish combines two technologies in one textile: on the outside the textiles is finished with a water repellent function (hydrophobic), whereas on the fabric’s inside it absorbs perspiration (hydrophilic). As a result, it reliably repels moisture from the outside. Moisture resulting from perspiration is quickly absorbed from the inner side of the textile, transported away from the body and distributed over a large surface area. The appearance, hand or the air permeability features are not influenced by the 3XDRY®-finish.

more here: http://www.schoeller-textiles.com/en/technologies/3xdry.html

sorry about the grainy pics, it’s dark here and the flash makes the Scotchlite too bright!

please don’t only reply here, as I might miss it, e-mail me on flatpedalthunder(attt)gmail(ddoottt)com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘FS: Howies Extra MIler, Convertible Jacket/Gilet, Army Green, Like new’ is closed to new replies.