FS: Hope Front & Rear Disc Wheels – Gold with black Mavic rims

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Hope Front & Rear Disc Wheels – Gold with black Mavic rims

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • FS: Hope Front & Rear Disc Wheels – Gold with black Mavic rims
  • Premier Icon superdale
    Subscriber

The front is a Hope Bulb in Gold laced to a Mavic 717 Disc 32H rim with black DT Swiss PG spokes. Comes with 20mm & QR adaptors.
    The rear is a Hope XC in Gold laced to a Mavic 317 Disc 36H rim with black DT Swiss PG spokes. Comes with a set of brand new pawls & springs not yet needed. All for £145.

The hubs are in excellent condition. Bearings are good. Freehub just serviced and pawls cleaned but supplied with a new set also. Nice loud click from freehub.

The rims are in good condition with some scratches. Straight and true. Just two small dings in rear rim & one in front but can’t be seen easily. Not noticable when tyre fitted.

These make a very strong set of wheels but have a low weight – just 1820g for the pair.

See Pinkbike advert here:
    Hope Wheels

Only selling as bought some new I9’s so these will not get used. Better to find a new home. Will give years more use.
    Can meet up in Birmingham New Street, Coventry or Worcester if convenient and will reduce price by £10.

Locoboy

Can I ask a question to confirm.
    Is the rear hub 135mm? and will it take a standard 5mm qr?
    Will the front take a standard 9mm qr?

I think I am right in that the front could go to bolt through if I upgraded my forks at some point?
    Can the rear one be converted to a thicker qr/bolt through?
    Excuse the questions but I am finding the whole bolt through v qr v maxle a bit of a minefield!
    Thanks
    Colin

Premier Icon superdale
    Subscriber

Hi Colin. The rear is indeed a 135mm QR which will take a standard 5mm QR wheel skewer. The front is currently set up to take a 20mm bolt thru axle, but also included is the adaptor to convert it to a standard 5mm QR wheel skewer. The photo on Pinkbike of the front adaptor is not correct I realised after uploading – its for a Pro hub, but I have now found the correct adaptor which can be supplied and / or fitted for you.
    Its very easy to swap them over in 5mins.

Premier Icon etsxteam
    Subscriber

Not sure if you have sold these yet if not I will take them if we can meet in Birmingham or somewhere near

Premier Icon superdale
    Subscriber

Etsxteam has passed on these so they are still for sale if your interested.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘FS: Hope Front & Rear Disc Wheels – Gold with black Mavic rims’ is closed to new replies.