HammerSchmidt AM Crankset with 175mm arms

Comes with:
    Howitzer Bottom Bracket
    Sram XO shifter and cable
    Grease syringe + grease
    Spare 24t chain ring (22t ring fitted)
    Spare chain guide
    ISCG mounting bolts

…..pretty much everything required to mount onto a bike with ISCG tabs.

The crank is in excellent mechanical working order and was regularly opened up to clean and re-grease, and was only removed 3 weeks ago after I changed from 9 speed to 10 speed and decided to run a single ring up front.

Cosmetically there’s the usual scuff marks on the outside of the arms from shoe rub, and there’s a few scratches on the very bottom of the arms from catching the odd rock.

The plastic casing has a flat bit after catching it on a rock (can be seen in the photo), but other than that it’s in pretty good nick.

The Howitzer bottom bracket is running smooth, and there’s no play in the bearings, but during the last 3-4 rides before removal I could hear a ticking from the BB area which I thought might be the BB starting to show signs of wear. When I went to remove the BB cups I found they weren’t as tight as they should be so maybe that was reason for the noises.

Having said that I’ll take into account the cost of buying a new BB in my asking price (£35-40). If this one works then fine, but if it still creaks then it can be used as a spare.

The XO shifter works perfectly.

I was running the HS as part of a 1×9 set up with 34t cassette, and a Saint short cage mech. Can easily be used with 10 speed systems as well.

Here’s some info from the Truvativ website

“The planetary gear mechanism at the hart of Truvativ’s new front transmission works like a single chainring with the strengths of the traditional two-ring system — and none of the weaknesses. There are two gears: 1:1 and Overdrive. In 1:1, everything is locked and spinning together. Turn the pedal once and the chainring goes around once. In Overdrive, the ratio is approximately 1:1.6. Turn the pedal once and the chainring goes around about 1.6 times”

I’m after £210 posted by recorded delivery

Email in profile

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘FS: Hammerschmidt AM, 175mm arms’ is closed to new replies.