FS – Genesis Day One singlespeed – the one that singletrack staff loved!!

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS – Genesis Day One singlespeed – the one that singletrack staff loved!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • FS – Genesis Day One singlespeed – the one that singletrack staff loved!!
  • My efforts to start a regular commute to work were thwarted by my close proximity to “the office”. That and the fact that working in a brewery means you can bring home your body weight in beer as pay….difficult on a bike.

Anyway the Genesis Day one is an odd but fantastic bike. Single or fixed, road or muddy stuff, it was loved by the singletrack staff when reviewed many months ago and loved by me throughout the few miles it has travelled – 237 according to Cateye speedo. The full spec is listed below but do bear in mind that it has undergone a few changes, namely:

Drop bars replaced with specialized enduro bars, levers replaced with single digit bmx stylee levers, pedals replaced with DMR V12’s (not included), saddle swapped out for a nice superlight flexy selle italia and grips now ODI lock ons. Original bars, levers and saddles will be supplied with bike if wanted.

The bike cost £500.00 new plus the added items so am looking for £300.00. If shipping is required please add another £20.00 to the price. Hopefully the lucky buyer will be local to hertfordshire, in which case I can probably drop the bike off.

Pics can be found HERE. As you can see the bike is in great condition. There are a couple of small paint chips on the chain/seat stays but otherwise its all in superb working condition. The size is small, and if you want an idea of what this is head over to the current genesis bikes website. Below is the 2010 spec on this bike:

Frame:
    Reynolds 520 double-butted Cr-Mo
    Fork:
    Double butted Cr-Mo
    Chainset:
    Genesis
    Chainrings:
    42 Teeth
    Bottom Bracket:
    Square Taper 116 mm
    Cassette:
    Shimano 18Teeth
    Chain:
    Goldie Looking
    Pedals:
    Metal cage / clips and straps
    Front Brake:
    Tektro RX-5 mini-V
    Rear Brake:
    Tektro RX-5 mini-V
    Brake Levers:
    Tektro RX-5 mini-V
    Handlebars:
    Genesis 6061 drop bar
    Stem:
    Genesis 6061 , 31.8mm
    Grips:
    Genesis Diamond file pattern single-lock
    Rims:
    Alex Ace-19 32 hole
    Front Hub:
    Genesis Flip-flop
    Rear Hub:
    Genesis Flip-flop
    Spokes:
    Stainless, black finish
    Front Tyre:
    Continental Speed King 35c
    Rear Tyre:
    Continental Speed King 35c
    Saddle:
    Genesis Road, Cr-Mo rail
    Seatpost:
    Genesis 6061 27.2mm

cupra

What do you mean “delete”??

cupra

Sorry, I asked the size in my original post and then realised it was a small, it should have read, delete post.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘FS – Genesis Day One singlespeed – the one that singletrack staff loved!!’ is closed to new replies.