FS: Frames – SX Trail 07 m, Patriot s, Sub5 l, Forks – 32 VanR 140, Pike UTu

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Frames – SX Trail 07 m, Patriot s, Sub5 l, Forks – 32 VanR 140, Pike UTu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • FS: Frames – SX Trail 07 m, Patriot s, Sub5 l, Forks – 32 VanR 140, Pike UTu
  • mccett

Hi, how long is the steerer on the Pikes? Thanks

fieldy

Can you send pics of sub 5 with pikes?

oliverd1981

Time for a late summer clearout I think.

2007 Specialized SX Trail (Medium)

This just rides fantastically well, A great winch and plummet / UK DH bike. I bought this in 2010 used it for about 6 months and then bought a large instead. It’s in great condition for it’s age, no know dents or defects, usual paintwork scuffs. DHX 5.0 with choice of 350 / 450 spring (First come first served on the springs) Comes with Cane Creek Headset, seatclamp and Titec scoper seatpost. £350 posted.

Patriot 66 15″ (?)

This has been in my garage for a couple of years too. (way to small for me) Cosmetically average but perfectly functional. Would benefit fom some new shock bushings (or why not fit a shorter shock and make a low, slack gnar-shredder). I think, from the gusset and shock shuttle this is an ’06 frame but I stand to be corrected. Shallow scrape to inside of swingarm where somebody has had some tyre rub. Slight triple clamp marks beside headtube. Neither of these would put me off riding it. Comes with Manitou SPV with choice of springs as above, FSA Pig headset and Plantetx seatpost and seatclamp £175 posted

2003 Orange Sub 5

An oldie but a goodie. This has been my constant companion since 2007 and has been a true go anywhere bike (well I didn’t take it to the alps, it might have coped, but not sure I would have) Amazingly light, legendary Orange simplicity and it’s not technically a 5, so you won’t get jibes on the forum. Handles as well as any modern bike when paired with suitable travel adjust forks. Measures as an 18″ but has always felt larger (only just cramped for long XC for me at 6’3 with a 70mm stem) The frame is in condition commensurate with it’s age, that is to say it looks a little rough and ready in places, missing a couple of patches of paint but not anywhere too obvious. Bearings were replaced recently, Shock is a Fox, air, with rebound and lockout. I forget the model but it works just great. Hope Headset, Race face Seatpost, Xlite clamp. £185 Posted or £310 with U-Turn pikes

Sub 5 swing arm – Spare swing arm for above – rare – £40

Fox 32 Van R 2009 QR 1 1/8″- These came off an almost new bike, were fitted to the Patriot, then used maybe a dozen times and have since sat in the garage. They’re in vgc, low mileage, and you don’t get more reliable than a VanR… £180 posted

U-Turn Pikes – 20mm Maxle – the lowers are a little tatty cosmetically but the uppers and stanchions are in great shape. Recent oil and service. Perfect compliment to the sub 5(make it climb and descend like a dream) £130 posted.

Pictures to follow, Mail in profile, Located in Co. Durham.

Premier Icon crezzy
    Subscriber

Pics of sub 5 to me also please

oliverd1981

Hopefully this link will get you to the pictures

https://plus.google.com/photos/107774366496830132148/albums/5782055653953969985?authkey=CJm5p7P735mTSA

Steerer on the pikes is 205mm – They’re Revelation u-turn internals in pike 454’s if I’m going to be accurate (hence no travel markings.

oliverd1981

Pics of the 32’s added

https://plus.google.com/photos/107774366496830132148/albums/5782063263508634433?authkey=CIrerMO957jivQE

Not to all those interested in the pikes – sorry I’m not going to part out the sub5 unless I sell the frame too, it just rides too well and it’s not worth losing a bike over.

oliverd1981

Back from work today so thought I’d give this a bump…

oliverd1981

All now sold/being kept – just so I don’t get enquirers 6 months hence.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘FS: Frames – SX Trail 07 m, Patriot s, Sub5 l, Forks – 32 VanR 140, Pike UTu’ is closed to new replies.