Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FS frame respray
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Anyone recommend a decent company for frame respray. I’m based on the South East but would be happy to post.

It’s just got the rear shock and headset on it at the moment.

This one looks reasonably priced:

https://www.colour-tech.co.uk/prices/

Obviously want somewhere that does a decent job and does a decent layer of paint that is not too thin.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Argos Cycles seems to be well regarded.

Home

rossburton
    Free Member
    orena45

+1 for JMJ Designs

jayx2a
    Free Member

Cheers. Will have look at them!

tomhoward

Another for JMJ, they’re painting a helmet for me on Monday, will report back 😊

jayx2a
    Free Member

There is a post on his FB page saying taking bookings for Jan 2020!

tomhoward

There is a post on his FB page saying taking bookings for Jan 2020!

It’s one bloke, and a very labour intensive process. He’ll have my lid for 3 weeks before it’s ready. I booked my slot back in April…

Iirc the wait for fatcreations is about a year.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Had an Argos cycles respray a couple of years ago on my Stumpy. The paintwork was ace, my dowdy 2014 Stumpjumper Comp now looks amazing. The job wasn’t cheap as new bearings had to be factored in and I opted for a special paint job that wasn’t really recommended for frames seeing off road use. I figured that a kit from Invisiframe would be enough protection. Custom decals and full warranty approval from Specialized was very welcome too.

Downsides, well it cost me circa £400 and the paint (my choice in spite of caution) although Invisiframed isn’t the most robust, but that’s largely my consumer arrogance at play there I suppose. I waited a wee bit longer while as Argos weren’t totally happy with the finish on the chainstay before they were ready to rebuild the bike, but the end result was – is – absolutely flawless.

jayx2a
    Free Member

I’m not after anything too fancy. Just one colour with trek logos back on the sides. Or maybe even without. Not sure yet.

Choosing the colour is the hard part!

tomhoward

My hat, done by JMJ Designs.

Very happy with the results/finish.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FS frame respray’ is closed to new replies.