FS for 5 mile a day commute?

Home Forum Bike Forum FS for 5 mile a day commute?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • FS for 5 mile a day commute?
  • Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Man up and tell your wife about the ‘secret’ bike.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

It’s 5 miles a day. So 2.5 miles each way. I’d do it on a 12″ kids bike.

And MTFU and stop lying to your mrs. Ridiculous.

ashmonkey

well said, sort it out and own up

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Blimey, I thought I had it rough and I’m only allowed 3 bikes! Tell her you’ve bought the DH bike 2nd hand with the money you saved not driving to work.

You could ride 5 miles a day on the DH bike if you had to.

badllama

Ok so I’ve got three bikes but mrs only knows I’ve got 2 at our house 1 is kept at parents place but as there moving I’m going to have to bring the other bike to our address.

Currently have Hardtail for commuting but I’ve grown out of it and running out of gears and I really don’t want to get rid of my FS or the “hidden” DH bike.

So was thinking for getting rid of the hardtail and commuting on the FS, anyone think of any issue with using the FS for commuting?

sbd16v

i done 6 miles each way in plymouth(very hilly comute) on a FS bike, ive just bought a road bike to cut the time down a little, but list most have said you can comute on anything

oh and p.s MTFU

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

You could crawl to work on your face if necessary!

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

…but I’ve grown out of it

Give him a break, 12 year old’s got it tough holding down a job and relationship, let him have his little secrets with his mum!

orangeboy

You will be fine on the full sus. Just the one hidden bike makes you an amateur

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber

mrs only knows I’ve got 2 at our house 1 is kept at parents place

Oh dear. Does your dad approve of this?

badllama

Firstly I don’t own the house we have NOT bought it together it’s hers she owns it so her house her rules (we are not married) I just live there.

Also I want an easy life every time I make a change there’s a big F*&king row so the thought of asking for space for another bike TBH I just cannot be arsed.

Cheers for the helpful comments though 🙂

At least when she asks me to take her out in the summer for a bike ride I can say “sorry love not got a bike for you to ride” every cloud and all of that 😀

b r

Get yourself a cheap s/h pub bike for the commute, and sell it on the don’t want a good bike stolen.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘FS for 5 mile a day commute?’ is closed to new replies.