• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • FS ebikes, just ordered one..
  • iainc

Due to some recently diagnosed heart problems I need to keep my max HR down a bit so the logical solution is an ebike for proper off road stuff😁.

Sticking with regular road and gravel bikes.

After a bit of research and advice i am going for a 2020 Focus Jam2,

This one

So, what do I need to know about riding these machines up and down hills ??

fasthaggis

Remember that falling off thing you used to do?
    Well pack that nonsense right in. 🙂

andykentos
    Free Member

Dont change gear under load, even more important on an e bike as its easy to snap the chain. Also check the chain for wear more often as it can wear out faster.

When you store the battery around 60 percent full and not somewhere to cold. Ideally in the house.

Have fun

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice looking bike. Not sure about a frame with F.O.L.D. technology though…

big_scot_nanny

tell us all how much you enjoy it!

We’ve got big hills here, so a lot of rides are cranking up 700m-800m of vertical for an hour or more, then relishing the extended downhill – there’s not a lot of just riding along, or up down up down up down. its just UP! then DOWN!

Really really fancy an eBike, would make sessioning the hills a realistic proposition

ta11pau1

Don’t forget to say a cheery “hello old chap” whilst passing the poor riders dripping with sweat slogging up a climb, whilst you breeze past with not a care in the world 😁

And get ready to be ribbed at every opportunity, hopefully you can take a bit of banter! 😁

Poopscoop

Op, genuinely NOT trolling here!

But I read all the time that you get as hard a work out on an ebike as you do on a normal bike?

Nice looking bike by the way.👍

iainc

^^^^ from speaking to some folks who have them, yes, you do, but it’s a lot easier to avoid spikes in HR as there is decent assist on the steep sections, though you can if you want get up and attack them as normal !

scotroutes

I won’t say  “you are dead to me now“, but expect a full round of slagging at the OBI on Wednesday!!

Poopscoop

iainc

Subscriber
    ^^^^ from speaking to some folks who have them, yes, you do, but it’s a lot easier to avoid spikes in HR as there is decent assist on the steep sections, though you can if you want get up and attack them as normal !

Ah,gotcha, yes I guess that does make sense.

kayak23

EEB IT!

iainc

^^^ scotroutes 😜, just wish I had it now so I could sit at the front rather than be the tail end Charlie…

trailwagger
    Free Member

Make sure you buy a chainstay protector, that thing looks mighty high !

oldfart

I bought a Kona Remote Control in the New Year , I don’t really need one but hey I don’t care ! I’m having a ball , the quite frankly uninformed bordering on stupid comments from people who should no better took me by surprise but those same people were like it when I bought a 29er 🙄 Enjoy ! I do !🤠

trumpton
    Free Member

Looks like a lovely bike – enjoy.

DezB
    Free Member

Remember – if you ever see the word “Lazy” ANYWHERE. Go mental. Defensive or aggressive, up to you 😀

iainc

All very positive ! Looking forward to it big style 😀

tdog
    Free Member

Crikey nice ride however has anyone seen the PRICE.

Good on you I guess for looking after your heart and treating yourself.

iainc

^^^^ yeah, I have ! Will be selling a full suss Anthem, a track bike and at least one hardtail to help fund it..

tdog
    Free Member

Well at least your priorities are in the right place 👍😎

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘FS ebikes, just ordered one..’ is closed to new replies.