FS: Cotic X, 54cm, Green, Disc Brakes, £750 ono

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Cotic X, 54cm, Green, Disc Brakes, £750 ono

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FS: Cotic X, 54cm, Green, Disc Brakes, £750 ono
  • Premier Icon simonablett
    Subscriber

Garage consolidation!!!

Cotic X 54cm green frame with steel disc forks and Hope headset (RRP £415) built up into cross style bike with virtually complete 105 CX groupset, Superstar CX Disc wheels and Avid BB7 brakes. Total build cost around £1100 resulting in bike pictured set up for a rider just over 5’8″ to ride.

[/url]
    Cotic X by Live2Flow, on Flickr[/img]

This bike was only built up just under 6 months ago and I really thought I wanted it. I rode it a few times in the winter, mostly on road, but increasingly I find I either ride my road bike or pull out the 29er hard tail (soon to be rigid) instead…

The bike has seen about 350 miles use and has been enjoyed but ultimately it has proved a niche too far!!! Looking for £750ono, bike is located in Chichester but happy to box up and courier if required.

Do you mind me asking what is this like to ride in comparison to a proper road bike. What it like weight wise with that build and do the wheels feel notably harder work?

Premier Icon simonablett
    Subscriber

I was surprised how easy it is to cover distance on this bike but it obviously does not have the same nip and acceleration nor hold speed as well as a decent lightweight road bike. The tyres fitted are more robust than speedy (these are easily changed) and with these fitted I would estimate that on the flat this bike it is about 3-4mph slower than my carbon road bike for the same effort.

Horse for courses really – if you want flat out speed and acceleration on the road look elsewhere but if you want a decent turn of speed and comfortable distance on the road plus the flexibility and ruggedness that a cross bike offers then this bike is a good option.

What are the gear ratios on it?

Premier Icon simonablett
    Subscriber

The front is a 46/36 105 CX set up, out back I think it is a 11-32 cassette.

Going to have to pass I think. It looks like a lovely bike, but a bit heavy for my needs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FS: Cotic X, 54cm, Green, Disc Brakes, £750 ono’ is closed to new replies.