FS: Cotic BFe Full Bike (853 version/Hope/Mavic/Pikes/XT Groupset)

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Cotic BFe Full Bike (853 version/Hope/Mavic/Pikes/XT Groupset)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • FS: Cotic BFe Full Bike (853 version/Hope/Mavic/Pikes/XT Groupset)

• I am selling my Cotic BFe that I have built and owned since new – for no other reason than after 5 years I fancied a change! It is a great bike that can do pretty much anything, and do it very well. Over the years, this bike has been used for local trails, night rides, snow rides, trail centers, longer epic trails, XC races, 6 hour endurance races, 24 hour races, multi-day self supported bike packing trips and even a trip to the Alps (I was gentle with it, promise!). It has never seen any big crashes, no huge jumps/drops and it is 100% straight and dent free. Obviously, a 5 year old mountain bike will have some signs of wear. There are various scratches to the frame and components and while everything is in good working order at present, it isn’t a brand new bike so expect some wear and tear. I’ll detail as much as possible below.

Frame: Cotic BFe Small 16″ – The original version with Reynolds 853 main tubes. I am 5’11” and can still get a good stretched out XC position but you may struggle if you are taller.
    Forks: RockShox Pike 454 Coil – Travel is adjustable on the fly from 95mm – 140mm. Note the lockout feature does not work (I guess they could use a service).
    Wheels: Hope Pro II hubs (20mm front, 10mm bolt up rear) on Mavic EX721 rims DT competition spokes. Handbuilt by Merlin Cycles
    Groupset: Shimano XT full groupset (25th anniversary shadow rear derailleur and shifters, M771 front deraillieur, M770 crankset, bottom bracket) 27 speed.
    Brakes: Shimano XT M775 disc brakes, 203mm front 180mm rear. Just installed new pads front and rear.
    Pedals: DMR V12 Mags (magnesium)
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite
    Saddle: Specialized BG Phenom Gel Saddle (143mm width)
    Bars: Eason Havoc DH (31.8mm diameter, around 730mm width)
    Stem: Easton Havoc DH
    Grips: ODI lock ons
    Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic front, Racing Ralph rear (both have very good tread)
    Seat clamp: Hope
    Cassette: SRAM PG990
    Chain: SRAM PC991
    Headset: FSA Orbit XL II
    Big file of receipts and bits including the original invoice for the frame from Cotic.

I am in Stoke-on-Trent, but can arrange delivery at buyers expense.

Please note this is also listed on eBay with no reserve finishing tomorrow (no link though as per the forum rules)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘FS: Cotic BFe Full Bike (853 version/Hope/Mavic/Pikes/XT Groupset)’ is closed to new replies.