- FS: Commencal Meta 551 late 2008
I’ve had this bike from early 2009 but am finally putting it up for sale. Its been great as my first full sus bike but I’ve wanted something with a bit less travel and that stretches me out a bit more. I’ve got long arms and the Meta, as great a bike as it is, has never felt completely ‘right’ for me. So I’ve bought a Canyon Nerve XC and have the Meta to sell.
It was the top spec 5.5.1 in a Large size. Much of it is stock but certain parts have been replaced. Details as follows:
– Commencal Meta 5.5.1 frame in Large, Black with green decals
– Fox Float 32 RL 140 mm forks – serviced by Mojo earlier in year & only ridden twice since. This include touching up scrapes on the lower sections and replacing the crown due to a creak that had developed.
– Fox RP2 140 mm rear shock – serviced by Mojo earlier in year & only ridden twice since. Shock bushings also were replaced at the time.
– Front wheel: Mavic EN321 Disc rim on Commencal superlight QR hub
– Rear wheel: Mavic EN321 Disc rim on DT Swiss320 QR hub
– Nobby Nic EVO 2.4 tyres with snakeskin protection
– SRAM X9 front and rear shifters fitted on matchmaker bracket with brakes
– SRAM X9 9 speed rear mech (downgraded from X0 as I couldn’t face paying for an X0 after I broke it!)
– Shimano XT front mech
– SRAM 9 speed rear cassette & PC991 chain (both relatively new)
– Sealed rear gear cable (Transfil Mudlovers I think)
– Formula Oro K24 front brake with 203 mm disc (scrape on front lever after minor accident though all works fine)
– Formula Oro K24 rear brake with 180 mm rear disc
– SDG Bel-Air SL Saddle & seatpost
– RaceFace Deus XC cranks & chainset (outer chainring has been replaced due to rock strike with a Shimano ring I think)
– Easton EA70 Monkey Bar handlebars
– Easton EA70 stem
– ODI Lock-On grips (worn – see photos)
– Hope QR seatpost clamp
– Black DMR V8 pedals
The bike was serviced at Moose Cycles in London earlier in the year and has only been ridden about twice since. The service included sending the shocks off to Mojo for stripdown and rebuild. Moose picked up a creak when the put the bike back together and after stripping it down again, narrowed this down to a faulty fork crown. The forks went back to Mojo / Fox and the crown was replaced under warrenty. I think the rear shock had the shock body replaced at the same time due to a scratch/nick.
The bike has mostly been used at UK trail centres plus one trip to the Alps in 2009. Its probably had a fairly easy life as I don’t ride too hard and have hardly used it in the last year with a move down to London. There are the usual scuff marks on it though – particularly the swingarm, bottom bracket (including a scrape where the previous chain came off and got caught) and on the fork lowers (though these were touched up & decals replaced by Mojo when the shocks were serviced earlier this year). I’ve tried to show these in the photos.
I’m looking for £750. I’m based in south London (SW16) and either a pick up or local delivery would work best. I do have a Canyon bikeguard box in the flat at the moment so could post to you if you didn’t want to inspect the bike first.
This advert will also be repeated on BikeRadar and the Commencal Owners Club, but not on eBay.
Cheers, ChrisPosted 6 years ago
The topic ‘FS: Commencal Meta 551 late 2008’ is closed to new replies.