FS – Cheap Mountain King MK2 Protections – 2.2 Black Chilli – £25 Pair posted

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS – Cheap Mountain King MK2 Protections – 2.2 Black Chilli – £25 Pair posted

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • FS – Cheap Mountain King MK2 Protections – 2.2 Black Chilli – £25 Pair posted
  • el_creedo

I have a pair of 2.2 Mountain King Mk2 Pro’s for sale, they are used (and certainbly look it) but have lots of life left in the tread.

The good bits:
    – Tread is hardly worn down, and these are very grippy
    – Black Chilli compound is amazing
    – Light!
    – Used tubeless (I don’t recommend you use tubes in them personally, had endless punctures), so I’ve born the brunt of pouring copious amounts of sealant in to seal the porous sidewalls – as such, you won’t have to!
    – Cheap, but should keep going for yonks yet

The bad bits:
    – Both tyres have one sideknob missing! i’ve never had that happen before, but they still hold air and i haven’t noticed it affect the grip
    – Sidewalls look shabby, i.e. logos faded heavily again – no idea why
    – I had lots of puncture resistance problems running tubes in them

£25 posted

Premier Icon Shackleton
    Subscriber

Hi, will take them providing they are in a good state and the side walls are faded rather than worn. Was it pinch flat or thorns you had trouble with?

email in profile to let me know how to pay.

Cheers,

S

el_creedo

Shackleton – always pinch flats.
    I don’t know if the sidewalls are what could be classed as worn, they hold shape and air; i’ve never ridden them flat, other than the few metres stopping distance each time they pinched.
    I reckon in total I probably did no more than 200 miles on them, mostly on Dartmoor.
    Paypal address is as per my email in my profile, just send as normal payment, I’ll take the hit on the fees.

Premier Icon Shackleton
    Subscriber

Dartmoor? Yep, that does me a pinch flat every time!

I assume these were the tyres from the other thread you started on conti tyre longevity. Is the carcass visible where the knob is missing? Are any of the other knobs coming off?

Cheers,

S

el_creedo

Sorry – only just seen that you have edited your post.
    Yes – the same ones.
    I’ll try and send you some pics this evening then you can decide if you’re comfortable with them or not.

Premier Icon Shackleton
    Subscriber

Awesome, cheers.

S

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘FS – Cheap Mountain King MK2 Protections – 2.2 Black Chilli – £25 Pair posted’ is closed to new replies.