FS: Cannondale SystemSix

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Cannondale SystemSix

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • FS: Cannondale SystemSix
  • slimjim78

very nice.
    if you dont get what you are after drop me a message.

thebaker

Hi there,

How tall are you? I’m 6’1″ and think this may be a bit on the small size but the top tube looks reasonably long.

Cheers

David

catton6183

hello David,

I’m only 5’9″ but have long arms and back apparently! I was told in the shop fit that it’s usually suited to taller people, I think the range is stated at 5’10” to 6’0″. If you are nearby you are welcome to come and have a look.

catton6183

This saddens me, but up for sale is my Cannondale SystemSix road bike, size 56cm. I bought this in 2008 and used it for a bit, before discovering that i love mtbing so much more. I have debating about selling this for about six months, but now have realised it’s got to go to pay my outstanding state agents fees 🙁 I’m going to miss riding something that looks like a protoype.

The spec is as follows:

Ultegra SL STIs, deraillerus and brakes
    Ksyrium Elite wheelset
    FSA SL-K carbon chainset
    Controltech carbon stem – made for cannondale
    FSA SL-K carbon seatpost
    Ulegra SPD SL pedals
    Fi’zi:k Arione saddle
    Continental Gatorskin Ultra tyres

The tyres, brake pads and bottom bracket were replaced under 50 miles ago and the chain and cassette were replace under 10 miles ago, ready for this sale. It has just been serviced, brakes are sharp, wheels are true and gear changing is crisp.

This baby tips the scales at about 7 1/2 kg.

The frame has a full carbon front triangle fused with what is essentially a CAAD9 aluminium rear end. This was an experiment by Cannondale to create a vibration damping front end from the carbon, while retaining that lively aluminium rear end feel that Cannondale is famed for. The result is an amazing lively ride, whilst still remaining comfortable on the front. There are countless great reviews. Unfortunately the venture was not a cost effective one for Cannondale, but this means is that this bike is now quite rare; it gets admiring glances wherever it goes.

There are a few minor scuffs on the frame, mostly from storage, on the STIs and rear mech. This frame has the white vein lacquer thing that happened to many of them, mainly around the carbon-aluminium join. It is purely superficial.

I’m looking for £1000, and collection is from Brighton.

More pictures here:

http://imageshack.us/f/405/dsc01253xk.jpg/

(click pictures for higher quality versions)

I have the liquigas version of this and it rides mint!!!!

Arrhh. If only it was a 54cm…..if any one has one they want to sell out there please get in touch

tomtomps

Hi
    is the system six still available?
    Cheers
    Tom

javivelasco

is available ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘FS: Cannondale SystemSix’ is closed to new replies.