Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • FS Bike Packing Frame Bags – Suggestions
  • sandwicheater

Anyone able to recommend a frame bag for a bouncy bike?

On-One Codeine so something thin along the top tube.

Looks like Madison Caribou may be the ticket but I can’t find any dimensions.

zilog6128

Surely an email to On-One would be the best bet? Or summon Brant? They sell a range of bags so hopefully would know if one fitted their bike!

All FS bikes are different shapes, I got very lucky & found a super cheap bag on clearance at CRC which fitted EXACTLY in my Trigger 😃

alishand
    sandwicheater

Good call, most their frame bags would seem to fit/be designed for a standard hard tail frame but this podsac tube wedge may just be OK; https://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CCPODTTW/podsacs-top-tube-wedge-bag

I’ll measure up tonight.

Been meaning to make one but something something (insert valid lazy excuse here) yep.

peekay

I made one for my FS as I only expected to use it a few times and it was an awkward shape that I didn’t expect to fit many other bikes.

I cut two pieces of material to fit the frame space for the side panels of the bag, then cut a strip of thin flexible plastic from an old A4 folder for the outside perimeter of the bag.

Fully covered it in duct tape both internally and externally to strengthen and waterproof it. Then cut/taped a flap for access.

I secured it to the bike using the bottle bosses and some Velcro straps that I had, but you could just as easily use some more tape.

Took about an hour.

ssboggy

Alpkit will custom make one. Clicky

tjagain

bike bags /’buggy bags will also make custom ones – much cheaper than alpkit and almost as good. I have one and really rate it

https://www.bike-bag.co.uk/

sandwicheater

Cheers all, some food for thought.

I’ve left it a tad late with the Jenn ride next week but will explore the above over the coming weeks.

That or just jet a cheap hard tail for camping duties and an off the shelf bag.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘FS Bike Packing Frame Bags – Suggestions’ is closed to new replies.