FS: 2011 Trek Fuel Ex 9.9 Frame – 21.5"

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: 2011 Trek Fuel Ex 9.9 Frame – 21.5"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • FS: 2011 Trek Fuel Ex 9.9 Frame – 21.5"
  • jambo13

For sale a 2011 Trek Fuel Ex 9.9 Carbon Frame in 21.5″.

Pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/81675134@N06/sets/72157630372263494/

Asking £850 for the frame and bits described below. The bike is listed on flea bay from 7pm tonight if you fancied bidding instead.

The frame is an OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, OCLV Carbon seatstay & chainstay, Carbon Armor, ABP Convert, Full Floater, E2 tapered head tube, magnesium EVO Link, oversized pivot bearings, replaceable derailleur hanger, 120mm travel

The rear shock Fox Float RP-23, “trail tuned” w/Trek DRCV, boost valve, ProPedal, rebound; 7.25×2.0″.

You can view how the bike looked built up here http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/2011/archive/fuelex99

The shock has just been back to Mojo to be fully serviced and has not been ridden again since (this service itself costs over £100!)

The frame itself is ‘nearly new’. The front triangle is a warranty replacement and HAS NOT BEEN RIDDEN at all.

The rear triangle is about 12 months old, and has the usual scuffs and marks from being ridden, but nothing major as you’ll be able to see in the pictures. The one bad bit is that I’ve had a bit of chainsuck so it has taken the paint off of the chainstay, but this is just off of the protective aluminium plate. You could easily touch this up but I wanted to leave it like it is for this listing. There is also a few marks and chips on the lacquer but again this is to be expected and is cosmetic.

This really is a fantastic bike, I loved riding it as did all the bike magazines, which is testament to this model winning ‘trail bike of the year’ in What Mountain Bike and also the consistently good write up it gets in other reviews.

There is a review of the fully built bike here on Bike Radar http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/review-trek-fuel-ex-99-32532

I’m supplying the frame with the front mech, the bottom bracket, the headset, an Endura neoprene chain stay protector (not pictured) and seat collar so you’ll be ready to build from receiving this. I think the headset bearing may need replacing soon, but the bottom bracket bearings have been recently replaced. The bike has the ABP convert rear axle so is running a 135 x 9mm skewer, though I believe you could convert this to 142 x 12mm although I’ve not done this myself.

If you where going to buy this frame new today it would cost you at least £2000 (£3k from some shops), so grab yourself a bargain tall people!! (I’m 6ft 6 btw and this bike was great)

I’m also selling the forks that go with this separately, again they’re listed on flea bay and I’ll post them on here later but I’d consider a deal if you wanted them both…

Collection only please. Payment by PayPal or Cash on Collection.

I’m based in Southampton and will happily travel and meet anyone along the M3 corridor between Southampton and J3 (Bracknell) at a time and place agreed that convenient to both parties. Also happy to meet at a riding spot like Swinley or Surrey Hills (Peaslake).

Cheers

Still for sale ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘FS: 2011 Trek Fuel Ex 9.9 Frame – 21.5"’ is closed to new replies.