FS: 2008 Turner 5 Spot Frame + Extras – 30 miles old!! (WITH PICS)

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: 2008 Turner 5 Spot Frame + Extras – 30 miles old!! (WITH PICS)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • FS: 2008 Turner 5 Spot Frame + Extras – 30 miles old!! (WITH PICS)
  • AB

OK, I’ve decided I need to sell my Turner 5 Spot. It was bought new last year after I received my bonus from work, but a combination of my job, a 1 year old baby and (if I’m being honest) a bit of laziness, has meant this has only been ridden 3 times round the Red route at Glentress since I bought it. Anyone who knows me will testify to my minicing credentials, so it hasn’t been involved in any crashes.

As a result, this 5 Spot is in about as good a condition as you will find for a used frame. There are a few scratches and bits of minor cable rub, but as you can see from the photos below, the bike is in truly stunning condition.

I have drilled out the cable stops to allow the running of full outers. Did this with a proper Dremel multi tool and flexishaft then finished with a chainsaw file. Looks great, but the only thing worth mentioning is about a 1mm mark on the top of one of the cable stops, as can be seen in one of the photos. A really minor issue, but I’d feel better pointing it out.

If your looking at this, chances are you know how good a bike a Turner is, but for those that don’t, I’d encourage you to look at the reviews on MTBR. Turner’s customer service is legendary and, as Dave Turner himself has said, the warranty follows the frame no matter how many owners it has had. The bottom bracket shell, drop outs and rocker arms are all one piece CNC machined. All of the pivot points are self grease-able bushes, rather than bearings which are a Turner trademark that greatly prolong life.

The RRP on the frame when new was £1,500. Taking into account the condition and the extras that comes with it, I’m looking for £900 posted. Needless to say, the bike will be packaged within an inch of its life before being couriered to the buyer.

Any questions, just shout.

Full details below:

Frame: Turner 5 Spot
    Size: Large
    Colour: Sangria Red
    Year: 2008
    Travel: 5.5″
    Shock: Fox RP23

Full spec and geometry can be found here on the Turner website.

Also included in sale (again fitted new to the frame and only 3 rides old):

Chris King Headset (Black)
    Salsa Flip Lock Seat Clamp (Black)
    Thomson Layback Seatpost (Black)
    Shimano Hollowtech II Bottom Bracket
    Shimano XT Front Mech

Lots of pics below (taken on a dull day, these really don’t do the frame justice):

Premier Icon wwaswas

that looks really good.

if I had the money, I’d buy it.

WWASWAS – It was breaking my heart to press the button to post up the thread, but I can’t justify having this sitting in my garage.

Wood work could do with a lick of cresote….

Nice frame shame it’s a large

pics please!! 😆

I’m very tempted, but am really after a Horst link.
    Its on my list of possibles.

I am very interested in this the only problem is that i am trying to sell my New (well 6 road miles) Cannondale Rize 1 carbon!

If i can get £900 for that i will pull your arms off for it!!

Great looking frame, I want it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘FS: 2008 Turner 5 Spot Frame + Extras – 30 miles old!! (WITH PICS)’ is closed to new replies.