FS: 2005 Marzocchi Bomber Marathon SL forks – Excellent condition

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: 2005 Marzocchi Bomber Marathon SL forks – Excellent condition

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • FS: 2005 Marzocchi Bomber Marathon SL forks – Excellent condition
  • willej

For sale: 2005 Marzocchi Bomber Marathon SL 120mm suspension fork.

Used but in excellent condition. Light yet reliable, highly tunable Marzocchi Bomber forks from 2005, before their quality went slightly pear-shaped! A low-pressure Marzocchi shock pump, adapter, V-brake brake bosses instructions and technical manual will be included.

I bought these forks a year ago, from a close friend and long-time cycling buddy. He barely used them since new and as soon as I bought them I stripped them down and gave them a good clean-out and full oil change. Since then I have used them around 10-12 times since, on 15-20 mile rides.

They are in excellent condition for their age. There are no marks or scratches to the black stanchions and only a few brake hose rub marks on the lowers. There are a few marks on the crown, from headset crown race removal, all of which can be seen in the pictures below.

Tech stuff:

They are air sprung and oil damped.
    They have 120mm of travel, which can be reduced anywhere from 120mm to 80mm by adding extra air pressure to the negative air spring.
    The compression and rebound damping are both adjustable.
    They have a 1 1/8″ diameter, non-tapered aluminium steerer tube, which is 205mm long.
    They have standard quick release dropouts, which are slightly forward facing for extra security.
    They have a post mount disc brake mount, for 160mm rotors. (Adapters can be purchased to use larger discs).
    There are bosses included that can be screwed in to mounts on the lowers to allow the use of V-brakes.
    They weigh 1.7kg.

£185 posted OVNO.

Email in profile.

Thanks for looking.

Locoboy

Fantastic and informative advert, Shame my budget is £150, I can send it now if it just about meets your very minimum requirements.

Locoboy

EDIT to say £150, + £10 postage.

salsa

Are these forks still for sale?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘FS: 2005 Marzocchi Bomber Marathon SL forks – Excellent condition’ is closed to new replies.