Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Frozen Garmin – Can I recover the track?
  • swdan
    Free Member

Out for a ride this morning my Garmin decided to freeze before I finished the ride. Luckily I was relatively local so managed to find my way back no problem. I couldn’t do anything with it until I plugged it in the mains, I was then able to turn it off and on again.

Anyway, the ride is showing in Garmin connect as 60km but the route stops at the point the Garmin froze.
    Importing into Strava the ride shows as 47km with the route ending at the point at which the Garmin froze.

I presume because it shows as 60km in Connect that the missing data is there somewhere, does anyone know if it’s possible to recover this section or input it manually? Not overly fussed but I’ve got nothing else doing this afternoon!

bob_summers

Hmmm going back a long way and I can’t quite remember but I’m sure there was a way that involved deleting the .fit file, and rebooting the unit. On starting, it creates a new .fit file from the temp files in memory. I think. This was ages ago, same problem – the screen froze but it was still recording until I turned it off.

swdan
    Free Member

Cheers, might have to investigate that further. I presume the .fit file can be found by plugging it into the computer?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

This website Might help if you can get the file off the garmin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Frozen Garmin – Can I recover the track?’ is closed to new replies.