• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by drlex.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Frosty Windscreen – Punishment
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

SO this morning I witnessed a chap in a pick up truck drive head on into an oncoming car because he was trying to drive with only a small dinner plate sized clearing on his windscreen. Just wondering what he could potentially be done for.
    Driving without due care an attention certainly, anything else?

allthegear
    Free Member

Probably nothing, unless the police actually saw it, tbh :-/

Rachel

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ha Ha LOL @ Rachel the copper (Aren’t you!?)

T1000
    Free Member

He’s probably an ex submariner and capable of driving with a letterbox view of the world….

trailwagger
    Free Member

Why not Rachel? No-one was hurt it was a slow speed crash, but why should that exclude the idiot from any prosecution?

trailwagger
    Free Member

Clearly not T1000!

Jamie
    Free Member

Put yourself forward as a witness, and contact the police yourself if they did not attend.

Might have a word with them at least.

perchypanther
    Free Member

He’s probably an ex submariner

Diving without due care and attention?

trailwagger
    Free Member

I left my address with the guy who got hit Jamie. I suppose it will depend if he wants to report it.

DezB
    Free Member

” it is an offence, under regulation 30 of The Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986 (SI 1986 No. 1078), to drive a vehicle in which the glass is maintained in such a condition that the vision of the driver is impaired.”

“The Road Traffic Act 1988 (as amended by Section 8 of the Road
    Traffic Act 1991) Part II, 40A, Using Vehicle in Dangerous Condition, states that:
    A person is guilty of an offence if he uses, or causes or permits another to use, a motor vehicle or trailer on the road when:
    (a) the condition of the motor vehicle or trailer, or of its accessories or
    equipment, or

is such that the use of the motor vehicle or trailer involves a danger of injury to any
    person. “

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1986/1078/part/II/chapter/E/made

matt_outandabout

He’s probably an ex submariner

Was he in Gibraltar this summer?

He must be used to that sinking feeling.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

You didn’t call the police at the time (or they didn’t attend, they wouldn’t as non injury potentially) therefore how are they going to gather any evidence to use it as a prosecution?

If there was injury and police attended then no doubt careless driving a host of minor offenses for a complete copper to have been charged with! What a complete idiot.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

You could always report it to 101…

Northwind

The evidence melts quite fast.

Guy I used to work with got done for dangerous driving for clearing himself a letterbox then driving off with about 6 inches of snow on the roof. But he almost drove into a police car so that probably contributed. It was all terribly unfair apparently.

Jamie
    Free Member

Or make a citizen’s arrest.

Charge him with being an icehole.

zokes
    Free Member

\o/ @Jamie

bentandbroken

From memory the Canadian law dictates that the windows must be clear and all snow removed from the bonnet/roof/boot lid so it does not fly off at speed.

Seems like a good rule and one I try to stick to (easy’ish when you live on the South Coast of the UK). However, I have had a couple of near misses where people have not been so thorough and I have had immediate thoughts I would photo both cars ASAP if I was involved in a bump for this reason

Gary_M
    Free Member

I know it’s snow joke when something like this happens but I think you need to chill out guys

willard

Icy what you did there!

It’s dangerous on the roads right now folks, stay frosty out there.

johndoh
    Free Member

Diving without due care and attention?

Subtle as, but very, very good….

catfood
    Free Member

The son of our local vicar was killed on his motorbike when he was pulled out on by some twonk who had cleared a letter box sized section on his windscreen.

drlex
    Free Member

Time to repost the article featuring this twonk:

I assume she was a tank driver in the war.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Frosty Windscreen – Punishment’ is closed to new replies.