Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Frostbite 40 Results and pics
  • Special_ized_Jamie

Anything popped up online yet? Did a couple of google searches but can’t see anything yet

valleydaddy
    Free Member

according to Matt Page it will be up on Dirt magazine’s website soon

dan93
    Free Member

1: Rob “Box” Cooksley
    2: Ryan Bevis
    3: David Thomas

Total winning time I think was 15:45 (or could have been 14:45).

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Full results now online here

MrAgreeable

What a cracking day out that was. That last climb made me suffer like a dog! Cheers to all the organisers, timers and marshalls.

kimbers

was really good fun but knackering

great spot prizes from all the sponsors too!

chain snapped on the final timed climb is my excuse!

rusty90
    Free Member

On behalf of the timekeepers and marshalls, can I say thank you to all the competitors for their enthusiam and good nature. It can’t have been pleasant having to wait in line in the cold to start the timed sections but everyone was cheerful and patient about it, and some of the banter was priceless !

Special_ized_Jamie

Just saw the results, oh dear…..

Great event and some really quick times from the top guys. Its on the calender for next year.

Photo’s look like they should be online by this evening.

pjt201
    Free Member

What a top event, really enjoyed that. Made all the better by one of our party taking second place in the women’s competition.

Having done that I quite fancy doing some other similar events, but most enduros have more down than up and up is definitely my strong point.

huw
    Free Member
    hairy_hippy
    Free Member

Thanks Huw,

Yep, photos are now online (click here). You should be able to search by your Race Number, so do have a browse. I have to admit I was a bit sad not to be riding. Great format for an event, and not bad on the weather front for January!

chrisrhayes

I’ve never ridden in Brechfa before, mainly as there’s closer stuff to Bristol, but I think another trip may be needed soon.

I never usually use the granny, but it got a battering yesterday! Happy with 19:38…

Really nice chilled atmosphere too.

Big thanks to the organisers.

chrispo
    Free Member

Nice photos, shame he completely missed the first riders through, such as me!

Lots of room for improvement (like cancelling 10 km due to mud, I mean come on!!) but fun to race on my doorstep and it’s great that so many people could be bothered to help organise and marshal it.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yup, another keener here so no photos of me either..

Chris, were you no.34, I think I may have been riding back with you and your mate at the end – nice times to both of you if so!

Enjoyed the event though, was worried about traffic, hence **** off early on, wish I’d hung back a bit now.

kimbers

well happily at the rear so got some pics and an extra 10k on boggy trails wouldve knackered me!

i thought the organisation was pretty damn good!

and cozy in the village hall

akira

Was a fun event, thinking maybe being in the pub till 1am wasn’t the best preparation. Think the relaxed atmosphere and general attitude of the competitors was excellent.
    Last timed section was rather painful though.

chrispo
    Free Member

Gary, no I’m not number 34, wish I was with times like that though!

Being more of an XC/marathon type than a sprinter, I decided to treat the whole course like a race and try to get back first. This backfired when I got overtaken by some kind of rocket-powered android half way round and then completely ran out of steam and crawled back up the last climb. I got in second but my stage times were woeful. Part of me says no big deal cos of the way I rode it, but part of me is suffering with major pride issues so I shall have to ride the course again some time, take it easy and see if I couldn’t do stages 2 and 3 a lot quicker!

I also tell myself that it’s also partly because some people cheated by cutting out the two extra loops off the red. They know who they are… and they missed possibly the best bit of the route (the rooty section on the black). That should have been prevented I think.

Otherwise it was well organised, though we did have to stop and guess which way to go at one point, and I didn’t like queueing that long to register. But it had a nice home-made feel about it which I really liked, and of course the Gorlech trail is just the best!

moonboy
    Free Member

What a great day – really enjoyed the loop and the whole ‘feel’ of the event. Nice touch having the band playing away in the village hall afterwards (great bacon butties btw!)

Thought it was pretty well organised and everyone was really chatty on the way round. Considering it was only £20 and for charitee that’s really not bad is it?

I went the other way to Chris and pootled round the linking stages so could have a proper go at the timed parts. Did OK (19.25), could have pushed harder on the first descent but really didn’t want to bin it!

The only downside of that approach is you didn’t get that ‘mid race, pushing on a bit of singletrack, running down the guy in front and then heading for you next target’ type feel which is always fun if the legs are game.

All in all excellent day out and would be up for doing it again.

hairy_hippy
    Free Member

Nice photos, shame he completely missed the first riders through, such as me!

Ah, sorry about that! It took a little while to get from the start into the forest, and you guys weren’t hanging around! The marshalls told me I’d only missed the first four or five riders, so I got a shot of nearly everyone. If you weren’t in the first handful then it might be worth checking for untagged shots, just in case your number wasn’t readable.

Cheers!

GaryLake
    Free Member

I was 4th round and 4th into the 1st special stage so yeah, comprehensively missed 🙂

Was a bit over paranoid about traffic but wouldn’t say I was hooning round. 15kph an hour I think Endomondo had me at…

MrAgreeable

another keener here so no photos of me either..

But he got one of your South Park evil parallel universe bearded twin*. 😉

http://mcope.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Brechfa-Frostbite-40-January-2012/G0000rscvxJwcvwY/I0000w_i8c4h2XN8

*Above reference may be slightly obscure.

GaryLake
    Free Member

No, I don’t get the reference, and yeah I spotted that one 😡

GaryLake
    Free Member
    bumley
    Free Member

Nice photos (lots with our Scott tent in the background!), great event and great atmosphere.

Looking forward to the next one…………………

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Frostbite 40 Results and pics’ is closed to new replies.