• This topic has 103 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Froome's Test Results
  • pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Nice trolling.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Oh and Armstrong failed tests in retrospect, after the tests improved

I don’t think testimonies from former team mates, colleagues and back room staff helped much either!

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

I’d be perfectly happy if he took 1 cir test during training. Then one at the end of the tour. 2 for the whole year than those pathetic test ratio tests that anyone can pass. He could be completely clean now but that would shut up the journalists.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

As I understand it the CIR test is being used by the UCI et al but not for everyone – rather it’s targeted.

Seems a little harsh to take Froome to task over not taking the test if the governing bodies haven’t tested him for it??

Ill ask again as nobody seems to want to answer it…..

If Froomes data is iffy, then surely the GSK Lab is complicit.

Where’s your evidence to suggest they are guilty of such doing?!

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Yeah they use the cir test if the rider already has failed or a dodgy normal test result. So basically if your too stupid to use the correct amount of epitest to test and fail the basic test. They will nail you with the proper test. What I’m saying is 2 700 quid cir tests are much more proving than the 20 70 quid tests they make them take.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

No one thinks the Labs data is iffy. They are just saying it means nothing. All it means is that he’s an exceptional athlete which he is and able to perform at the highest level possible. The tests prove he’s a champion they don’t debunk doping in the slightest. I hope he is clean and don’t care either way but the lab tests prove only that he’s gifted.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Pitchpro are you talking about the off-score when you refer to the “silly ratios”?

As I understand they too aren’t easy to fake either, as it’s a measurement over a period of time rather than a one off test. From the article it appears that Froomes off-scores aren’t regarded as suspect..

Edit: if you’re questioning the results & suggesting they’ve been manipulated then you are also questioning the lab? I’m not saying you but others have certainly suggested the data has been “fixed”. I’d like to know the reasoning behind suspecting GSK of acting improperly.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Yeah I read back and seen a few saying that. I’m not. Yeah the off score. It’s 4-1 these days right? Instead of 8-1. Still a pretty big margin if you’ve got a medical doctor on hand.

Wookster

Valets credibility is affected in my eyes by his “if he’s not doping he has a motor” line. I can’t see any one ever getting away with that in the Tour.

My thought are Armstrong tore away any kind or credibility the sport or any champions will have in the Grand Tours. He’s used every line, and therefore any rider who says the same will always be tainted. Froome is one of these.

So far he’s clean, no positive tests, I can’t see Sky systematically doping, I can’t see all of the physiologists and British cycling going along with it, or Hoy or Wiggins.

We seem to accept the Ussain Bolt is clean, and just a physiological freak for lack of a better phrase, why can’t Froome be the same.

I too grew up watching Armstrong, as as I read more got to know the sport more I doubted him, and finally didn’t see how it was in any way plausible. Later to see him brought down by Landis, Hamilton, very publicly and Vindicating Emma O Reilly, and Kimmage, Walsh who sowed the seed of my doubts, and if I’m honest I believed off the bat.

I “believe” Froome is clean as I want to believe the sport can be won and competed in clean. Is there a tiny thought that maybe there is a possibility there is a chance he’s not of course, but that’s to do with the history of the sport than Froome himself.

DanW
    Free Member

My thought are Armstrong tore away any kind or credibility the sport or any champions will have in the Grand Tours.

You are falling in to the trap of thinking doping started with Armstrong.

We seem to accept the Ussain Bolt is clean

😕 You don’t have to dig too deep to be cynical. Athletics just manage this stuff better than cycling

They are just saying it means nothing. All it means is that he’s an exceptional athlete which he is and able to perform at the highest level possible.

Indeed the new information says very little.. Also interesting his test results are almost identical to the 2007 public results and the claim is that his rise is due to weight loss. 8kg heavier and 17% body fat back then 😕

The funny thing is that more “road” forums are still busy discussing disc brakes coming in to the peleton and this Froome PR stuff has been completely ignored 😀

ampthill

why don’t we just turn all this on its head and allow doping? Give up second guessing and trying to catch the cheats?

Really

Let me add a few thoughts

You have a 17 year old son/daughter who is a competitive cyclist. They come home and list all the things they need to take once they are 18

People buy lottery tickets to fund these drugs

In an interview a cyclists they admit they will probably be dead by 30 but that is the price of the drugs regime that they need to take to win

Tax payers fund Olympic bid to help increase sport participation. So that more people can take drugs, destroy their health and become a burden on the NHS

Your local cycling club says they are fed up with you not keeping up on group rides as you don’t dope

Wookster

DanW no mate, I’m not, I’m well aware of Pantani, or Merex, or Simpson.

I think Armstrong just professionalised the modern methodology, micro doping, the ability not to get caught, or in fact destroy anyone who attempted to show he was etc.

I’ll look into Bolt though for sure.

What sticks with me though is Christene Ohuragu, is seen as the golden girl but missed a huge number of tests if she was a Cyclist she’d be Vilified, huge questions hang over Nadal…it’s not just biking, but Armstrong has made it a whipping boy when other sports are as guilty.

Junkyard
    Free Member

As I said its hard to remember the folk on here are adults .

I wish I was trolling but no your arguments really a big pile of innuendo and non sequiturs where by your eyesight can tell us a bodybulider is juiced and this proves Froome cheats- I mean re read it is ludicrous.

Then you call me a troll…oh the irony.

The tests prove he’s a champion they don’t debunk doping in the slightest

They dont claim to and lets look at your evidence oh yes its the juiced bodybuilder innit 🙄

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It’s less the data rather the increase in performance…link

MrSalmon
    Free Member

What would you do if someone questioned the quality of your work? Would you attack, avoid or obsfucate? Or would you sit down and explain the results show your working out and calling on mutually respected colleagues if required?

Depends on the context. I work in academia, and if a colleague or another researcher had a legitimate query, or even a challenge, I’d follow something like the approach you describe.

If, on the other hand, someone on Twitter said they thought my work was crap and they know it is and I can’t say it isn’t and I have to prove it but whatever I do they don’t care because they know it’s crap and nobody will ever convince them otherwise, then I’d probably mutter “twunt” under my breath and ignore them.

I think the position Froome is in is more like the latter than the former, so I don’t think it’s surprising that he’s apparently not in a big hurry to sit down and explain things to his detractors.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

What the hell are you cackling on about junkyard not once did I say fropme was juiced. Now read carefully…… What I said was that it is fashionable right now with even blatant steroid users to take tests to ‘prove they are clean’, these test’s though don’t actually prove anything and are all just hot air.
    I even said I hope he’s clean but don’t know so why twist the words so they have nothing to do with the point made. Are you ill? I’ve seen you do this many times on many posts absolute weirdo.
    Point made :even steroid users take tests to prove they’re clean but the tests mean nothing. Froome may very well be clean but this doesn’t prove it.

Macavity
    Free Member

You get a bit more insight into Chris Froome from reading his book, The Climb, than by looking at some numbers.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

The interesting bit is not the test results taken recently, which unsurprising show the numbers of a GC contender, but the comparison to those taken in 2007, which also show GC contender numbers.

This opens the question as to why was he so poor at Barlo World, and as Micheal Rassumsman pointed out why was he so bad in the ITT at the 2006 Commonwealth Games when he had the power to weigh ratio to be a medal hope and not trail in 5 minutes behind the winner.

Also WTF happened between the tour of Poland where he was in the groupetto to the Velta where the only reason he didn’t win was because he was helping Wiggins.

ampthill

The Swedish Chef

Bilharzia

although I think he was treated before the tour of poland

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

From his book he says he had some kind of south african parasite holding him back.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Taken from the excellent Ross Tucker

Trouble is the performance transformation came right in the middle of our two “snapshots”, and that leaves a big ‘hole’. I don’t think anyone can deny this. That hole has been filled by bilharzia (and a little bit of asthma), as far as explanations go.

Eight quick thoughts on the Froome data

ampthill

I have sort of read that article and I’d say the discussion of Bilharzia is rubbish

You quoted it one of its mentions, here is the other

Apparently its driver had bilharzia, but there’s no measurement, no test, that might support that contention even though the disease affects the blood and a pro cyclist’s blood is as scrutinzed as it gets.

I’d say that quote is just mud slinging. Like a lawyer playing with words in court. There were of course tests that is how he was diagnosed. But he isn’t obliged to prove he had the illness is he. Is cyclists blood screened for Bilharzia? Either it is or it isn’t, I suspect it isn’t

Here is a more thorough discussion. I’m not saying it accurate but it least tries to think it through

http://froome19.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/chris-froome-bilharzia.html

I have read stories that question some aspects of the Bilharzia thing it seems to come down to. “Seems a bit unlikley as I’ve not heard of it”. Infection rates in kenya are 40%. Travelling in Africa I only swam in one lake in 10 months to avoid it

boriselbrus
    Free Member

DT78 – Member
    why don’t we just turn all this on its head and allow doping? Give up second guessing and trying to catch the cheats?

Genius.

Where do you draw the line though? Pro Continental? Cat 2’s? Under 10’s?

DanW
    Free Member

Where do you draw the line though?

Other sports seem to have worked out where the line is- ask them 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Froome's Test Results’ is closed to new replies.