Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Froome going for Vuelta GC
  • goslow

Can’t we just support Froome?

aracer
    Free Member

Can’t we just support Froome?

On STW forums? New here?

brassneck

Personally I’d like to see him on another team as team lead with some quality support to see how good he can be. I’d love to see a fight between Contador, Wiggins, Froome, Schleck and Nibali next year with the gloves off. My money is on Contador, but it’d be good viewing nonetheless.

cheese@4p

This thread is for girls
    Conduct shmonduct, Twitter shmitter

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Would have been interesting to see if he had been ‘let off the lease’ and mashed his way up the moutains. He could easily have knackered himself and ended up losing time the following days so it might have not been as clean cut that he would have beaten Wiggins anyway.

Good Sky team around both Wiggins and Froome. It was almost a shmae the bickering started and put a bit of a spoiler on the TdF result.

mildred

No one man has ever won the tour or the vuelta
    Remind me about Greg Lemond’s ADR team in 1989

They were so bad they came 5th out of 22 teams in the team time trial…! Terrible.

hammerite
    Free Member

The team is a very strong team. As for racing tired, apart from Ian Stannard (who didn’t ride the TdF) they’ve all ridden no more (and in many cases a lot less) than they would usually before the Vuelta….. with the exception of Sergio Henao who is in his first year racing at this level.

(check out CQ rankings number of race days and no of KM raced).

I think Froome could do well. Contador might not come back as good as he was, not from using a different butcher, but actually just not being too race fit. He could do very well come the World Champs though, should have just about found his legs.

warton
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    Honestly, anyone who follows a cyclists girlfriend on twitter needs to have a serious word with themselves, FFS get a grip!

Not even a cyclists girlfriend who takes photos of cyclists for a living?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Contador might not come back as good as he was, not from using a different butcher, but actually just not being too race fit. He could do very well come the World Champs though, should have just about found his legs.

+1

Did/does the ban cover all raceing or just the top tier, i.e. will he have kept his toes wet raceing domesticaly?

aracer
    Free Member

Did/does the ban cover all raceing or just the top tier, i.e. will he have kept his toes wet raceing domesticaly?

I’m fairly sure it’s all racing, though I guess there’s nothing to stop him having a sprint to the town sign with his butcher.

brakes
    Free Member

what I’d really like to see is how he fairs in the hills when let off the leash – if Team Sky are letting him lead in what is the hardest of the Tours in terms of mountains then they must have some confidence in him?
    I hope he does well, regardless of what his girlfriend’s neighbour’s cat said on Facebook.

donsimon
    Free Member

All racing, nothing to stop him training though with fellow pros.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Froome going for Vuelta GC’ is closed to new replies.