Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Froome big ring- eh?
  • ads-b
    Free Member

Never seen anything so oddly shaped in my life:

portlyone

Never seen anything so oddly shaped in my life

Froome himself? 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mirror
    Naked
    That is all.

wwaswas

IF you zoom out the rest of the bike makes the ring look quite restrained.

qwerty
    Free Member

Tis BioPace on acid I tells thee.

mrblobby
    Free Member

That on the TT or the standard bike?

Edit: must be result of some analysis of power during pedal stroke. Seems to be too weird not to have been engineered based on pedalling data.

Bregante

Whole bike looks like it was designed by Salvador Dali

wwaswas

standard ‘slightly melted’ bike;

ads-b
    Free Member

Stripped down climbing bike apparently

sweaman2
    Free Member

Any context to the photo?

wwaswas

not sure what rules are re: the opposition but details here;

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/pro-bike-chris-froomes-pinarello-dogma-651-think2–37547/

Apologies to the mods/Mark if this a bad thing to do.

mrhoppy

Jesus that’s almost as bad as the paper clip bike.

wrecker
    Free Member

Looks like a dog having a shit. With wheels on the front and back.

shermer75
    Free Member

Ok. So what are they all about then? Is it more of that ‘dead spot on the pedal stroke’ malarkey? I thought all that had been proven to be, well, unproven?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

*spoiler removed*

He probably doesn’t give a monkey’s what it looks like

wwaswas

*spoiler*

😉

rOcKeTdOg

*tazzy and his OneKey chain ring to the forum*

ocrider

He probably doesn’t give a monkey’s what it looks like

He doesn’t need to, he’s sitting on it. I feel sorry for the peloton though 😆

jimster
    Free Member

Didn’t Sir Brad use these in the Tour last year?

teadrinker
    Free Member

Out of all the places they could have photographed it they chose a 3 star hotels garden.

woody2000

Some info here; how unbiased it is, I don’t know 🙂

http://www.trainsharpcyclecoaching.co.uk/images/osymetric-study.pdf

epo-aholic
    Free Member

osymetic rings…..yes Wiggo used them and had done for a few seasons but this year strangely changed. If you remember he had bother with them in the TT world champs a few years back, cue tossing his bike away (again) 🙂

stumpy01

Isn’t that one of those knock off Chinese carbon frames?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

sooner Sky drop Pinarello the better. They are horrid. Rumour has it they’ll be on something else next year…

uwe-r
    Free Member

I really don’t get the wobbly fork / stays look.

No logic behind it at all other than being different to the previous look!

tang
    Free Member

I heard mutterings about spesh?

hmanchester
    Free Member

No, the knock off Chinese frames don’t have the melted thing going on and so look better and are far cheaper.

I’d love to know the maths that went into that big ring.

clubber
    Free Member

I always figured that having Pinarellos was just a relic of having got a decent deal with them before BC/Sky started achieving much. I was pretty surprised that Sky stuck with them so long as I just don’t see Pinarello being innovative and chasing marginal gains as per BC.

Spesh or Trek would be my bets – a company with sufficient budget to pay for the stars and to be able to develop products that provide an advantage.

Or alternatively, a smaller company like BMC who put function right up there and are willing to invest to develop.

AlexSimon

portlyone – Member

Froome himself?
    That bike does actually bear an uncanny resemblance!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Sorry for the spoiler earlier 😳

I got all excited after taking the lead in Dauphine STW fantasy league 🙂

uwe-r
    Free Member

Spesh or Trek would be my bets – a company with sufficient budget to pay for the stars and to be able to develop products that provide an advantage.

I would imagine there is minimal advantage achievable from frame design anymore. Frames are all standard top end stuff tweaked for rider geometry if required but I bet most of them go with the standard anyway. Minimum weight limits mean there is nothing to gain in developing them any further.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

If I remember rightly, Sky signed a new 3 year deal with Pinarello last season after much speculation that they’d go with Specialized due to the Cavendish connection.
    There is also a lot of speculation currently that the new Pinarello TT bike (Bolide) has had a lot of input from the British Cycling ‘secret squirrel club’ as there are some marked similarities between it and the bike Wiggo won the gold medal on last year.
    So basically, it’s likely that the Sky/Pinarello connection isn’t going anywhere for a while.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Osymetric boss claiming 10%. Surely if it was that much it’d be easy to measure the difference and it’d all be clear cut.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Love their method of weighing frames 😀

(NB on the weight: Pinarello’s catalog indicates that the Dogma weighs 950g. This weight is before paint and “mechanization”, i.e. installation of BB shell, bottle bosses, etc. Once mechanized, a 53cm Dogma weighs 1210g.)

jonba
    Free Member

Osymetric boss claiming 10%. Surely if it was that much it’d be easy to measure the difference and it’d all be clear cut.

If they worked the UCI would have banned them by now.

parkesie
    Free Member

Apparently you lube them with snake oil to get the 10%

steveoath
    Free Member

And only $300. Bargain 🙄

NormalMan

H1ghland3r – Member
    If I remember rightly, Sky signed a new 3 year deal with Pinarello last season after much speculation that they’d go with Specialized due to the Cavendish connection.

Last summer they (Sky) only signed a 1 year deal with Pinarello.

The rumours were Spesh back then, especially when the big S started supplying neutral service for Tour of Britain, etc however soon after the new Pinarello deal was announced, then Cav left etc.

Recent rumour on road.cc was next it’ll be Trek but then another rumour is Trek will be a main sponser like Cannondale and BMC and that they will take over the Leopard Schleck team!

My hope is for a new deal with Pinarello but purely as I’m biased because I have one!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Froome big ring- eh?’ is closed to new replies.