Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Front page Zaskar correction?
  • xyeti
    Free Member

I had a PANTERA in Fluro Orange, Bought after drooling over an artcle in MBUK around 1992 -93. i’m sure that was 7005, The only place i could find one in the whole country was a shop in Barnsley called Cycosport.
    The bloke delivered it to my Mum & Dads house that night in his XR2, I Replaced it about a year later with a ball burnished ZASKAR 6061 Tubing, Replaced that with an LE which i believed to be Light Edition, That one was Ink Blue, I bought that from STIF when it was at Headingley.

Managed to puncture the top tube falling off after the brake lever whacked against it putting a kink in it with a small “Tear” Hole. So went back to a normal ZASKAR, i always hankered after a XIANG or what ever they are or were called, i still haven’t seen one to this very day…………..

csb

Frankenstein, I have that same 2001 zaskar race frame in the shed. The tubes have the Easton logo embossed on them if you look carefully. Ye gods it was light but my, what a harsh ride.

usetobefast
    Free Member

IIRC, Zaskars were Santa Ana, CA, “Ping pong paddle” Zaskars were Tech Shop, Longmont, CO.

Now to completely mess thing up, This was made in Canada (Whistler, BC).

bearnecessities

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for making me do a bit of a sex-wee with your first post.

Your grass is a f****** car crash though.

shaggy

I have a Sandvik Xizang. I’ve never seen a steel rear end one in real life.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I had a new Zaskar in 1991 (Aged 13 – spoilt brat!) and the guy I sold it to has still got it (friend of a friend). Assuming it’s in OK condition, how much might that be worth today if I was to buy it off him? From memory it has Suntour XC Ltd groupset and pretty average spec elsewhere as I took the nice bits off to put them on a Team Stumpjumper.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I always thought 7005 was supposed to be better, cos it’s a bigger number, init..

Goes up to eleven ‘n’ all…

usetobefast
    Free Member

That one’s hanging on my living room wall, shaggy.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

7005 is fractionally stronger and fractionally heavier comparing a Zaskar / Pantera in the same size. We’re talking 300/400g more for the Pantera.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Front page Zaskar correction?’ is closed to new replies.