Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • front mudguard for reba 29 fork
  • sideshow
    Free Member

Try as I might through two prevoius mudhuggers and the recommended hairdryer, I couldn’t get them to fit around the reba’s “power bulge” so they always rub the tyre.

I’m eyeing up the crud xl fender, does it avoid this problem?

ajantom

Not tried it on a Reba, but it fits all 3 sets of sus forks I own no problems – X-Fusion, Marzocchi and Manitou (though it’s not perfect with the Manitou’s rear brace it still fits and works).

joebristol

Could you try something a bit stronger than a hairdryer to shape it – go carefully – but maybe use a hot air paint stripper type of thing?

sideshow
    Free Member

tbh I’d rather buy one I don’t have to fettle (the plastic is snapped on the old one anyway)

thorpie
    Free Member

Got a mudhugger on my Reba 29 no problem?

ton

crud xl on my rock shox forks. it is a very good design too.

sideshow
    Free Member

@thorpie which year of reba?

thorpie
    Free Member

Can’t remember exactly but it’s fairly recent, maybe two years old. Could be I’m running narrower tyres, running Conti X Kings at 2.4 but they are more like 2.2.
    Trevor.

mariner
    Free Member

Ran MHfrx on Reba with 2.4 MK no problem on previous bike after changing from an SKS Blade that was hopeless at keeping crud of my face.

New build will have the same set up unless I bodge a Bluemel or Velo on there.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I use a front mudguard from Zefal with my Rebas without issue. They don’t have quite as much coverage as the Mudhugger but work well all the same. They even come with Velcro strips if you want to put them on and take them off quickly.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Saw that Crud XL recently in a thread, thinking about it for my On One Fatty Carbon fork, water spray can be a pain when I’m in work clothes more than anything.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘front mudguard for reba 29 fork’ is closed to new replies.