Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Front MTB mudguards – removable ones?
  • Just checking, does anyone know of a decent, removable front mudguard other than the powa dfender or Crudcatcher XL?
    Need to put bike in the car and remove the front wheel so a big mudguard would get in the way. The rapid racer proguard looks best to me with its seal guard and general size, but it’s zipties to fit it!

Premier Icon ta11pau1
    Subscriber

What forks? RRP have the bolt on proguard, a couple of bolts so defintely easier to remove than zipties.

Or there’s the Crud XL which fits with O-rings.

XL FENDER

Otherwise, the small flat plastic types will flex so that the bike will lay flat, I had one on my old bike and carried that in the car boot with the front wheel off many times.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

The mudhugger FRX is QR

FRX QR Mudhugger (Quick Release)

Onzadog

Or elongate the ziptie slots a bit and use Velcro.

Premier Icon teethgrinder
    Subscriber

Crud XL or something else but use removable zipties.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

SKS Shockboard would do it nicely. The mounting hardware is awful but a couple of removable cable ties fix that, and it works great (better than the close fitting type, especially in cloggy mud)

pipm1

I recently encountered this problem when I got a RRP front mudguard, solution for when putting bike flat into car is to lay the forks on a cardboard box. Simples! 🙂

montgomery

Topeak DeFenders work ok, QR button and bung fitting into steerer tube, but I now use a cheap mudhugger type thing and prop the bike as above on the rare occasions it goes in a car.

Been using the Proguard for some time now. Knocked up a review with pics on my site – http://www.unsponsored.co.uk/press/rrp-proguard-bolt-on-mudguard-review/

Premier Icon Sir HC
    Subscriber

Crud catcher xl, best mud guard out there for the front

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.