• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Front mech. cable attachment numpty – help needed
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’m fitting a new 10 speed drivetrain (3×10) and have the rear mech. set up nicely. The front mech (T6000) is a conventional band on, downswing affair but it’s a different design to the 3×9 it’s replacing and I’m slightly confused about securing the cable.

The dealer manual (page 13) seems to show, in illustration, the cable coming up from under the mech. whilst mine (as on all frames I’ve had) runs down the seat tube and approaches the mech. from above; I was assuming that the mech. was Shimano’s usual dual pull affair.

I’m probably being really stupid but how do I secure the cable, or have I bought the wrong mech?

— Edit —

Just found some blurb stating that it’ll work top or bottom pull.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Front mech….never heard of that 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Page thirteen shows both cable routings?

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry,misread and typed a loada crap. yeah page 13 clearly shows the cable coming from under the bb in both diagrams, which is no help!
    In that first diag on pg13 rather than the cable coming up n over, it just comes straight down into the fixing bolt. nothing more complicated.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m an idiot. Ignore me.

PJay
    Free Member

Well I’ve got it to work, which is the main thing; whether I’ve got it to work the right way is something else entirely.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Front mech. cable attachment numpty – help needed’ is closed to new replies.