Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Front Light – single unit, usb charging, unlit roads and tracks
  • michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Right, its that time of year when the nights are drawing in on the evening rides. Im after a new front light that it USB rechargeable and a single unit – no separate battery packs. Its for my CX bike where i’ll be mainly on country roads and the odd unlit track. I have a more powerful light for complete off road MTB rides. Its so hard to tell how bright a light actually is from online shopping! I’d like to spend under £50 ideally.

Any suggestions?

TiRed

Cateye EL620 nano-shot is bright enough for lanes. I have one and it gives as much direct light as my Strada. (it doesn’t give as much floodlight though).

igm

Just bought a Leyzene PowerDrive XL FOR £60, that meets your requirements except for that last tenner.

Seems decent and replaceable 18650 cells were a bonus for me.

SamB
    Free Member

PowerDrive XL is 50 quid on Wiggle 🙂

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-power-drive-xl-front-light-2012/

annebr
    Free Member

same on CRC

arachnidlover
    Free Member

Sport Pursuit have the Leyzene SuperDrive XL (loaded) for £69.00, the PowerDrive XL (loaded) for £57.00 and the MiniDrive XL (loaded) for £39.90 at the moment.

Sport Pursuit

igm

Breathes again. It was the SuperDrive XL I went for not the PowerDrive XL.

500lm, £60, CRC

arachnidlover
    Free Member

500lm, £60, CRC

Is that the price for just the lamp? ❓

The Sportpursuit price includes everything you need.

benp1

Fluxient U2 mini off eBay

All in one light that runs off an 18650. Comes with a USB charger and mount too. Basically just a very floody torch

I’ve got one as my commuting light but also found it fine for off road use combined with a helmet light. Used it tonight in fact for a 10 mile off road ride with the dog

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Front Light – single unit, usb charging, unlit roads and tracks’ is closed to new replies.