Front light recommendations (Brompton, USB charging preferred)

Home Forum Bike Forum Front light recommendations (Brompton, USB charging preferred)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Front light recommendations (Brompton, USB charging preferred)
  • stevious

Been using a Lezyne micro-drive for a year on the front now. Bright, USB charges with no cables and easy to install/uninstall.

Had the back light that came with it, but the mount was a poor design so it got rattled out on a rough road – the front is a different design and much more secure.

aP

The Electron Backupz USB charged LED lamps are good. Not great at the see, but good at the be seen.
    Yes I don’t think that knog make anything that lasts for more than a month or so, I file them with the Crank Brothers folder in my cabinet of stuff to buy/not to buy.
    About 18 months ago I had a nice conversion heading along the Bayswater Road in towards NHG with a couple in a nicely restored Sunbeam Rapier who commented on how bright and visible they were. Then we talked about Sunbeams 🙂

Premier Icon ransos
    Subscriber

The Electron Backupz USB charged LED lamps are good.

Yep, much brighter than you’d expect for such a tiny light.

grievoustim

I have the leyzene too.

BTW the rear mount has now been improved. If you give upgrade a call they might even send you one

Mr Woppit

This one Captain. Charge up at work, gets me seen after dark on the chaos and violence of the A24 through Sarf Lahndahn…

http://www.cateye.com/uk/products/detail/HL-EL620RC/

sicklilpuppy

Use 2 blackburn fleas ( 1 flashing, 1 constant) as my to be seen by lights. I’ve got both a usb, and battery charger for them,they seem to last around 6 hrs on low constant so charge twice a week in winter.

Mr Woppit

PS: on a Brompton, you may need to twist it on the bar before folding……

Mr Woppit

PPS: Where are you Bromptonning to and from these days?

bikebouy

I too use the Blackburn Fleas but I have a couple on the bars and one on my seatpost, though not fitted to a wobbly Brompton but a more sturdy Dahon Vitesse, and ride into tarn from Canary Wharf thro the CycleHighways and up Shoreditch/Old St/Clerkenwell/Holborn (hell) into Soho etc. so more than used to “Addison Lee Blindness”.

HTH

Premier Icon piedi di formaggio
    Subscriber

For truely fit & forget you need to go for a hub dynamo.

I’ve got a Shimano on my front wheel and a Lumotec Lytn+ on the bars with the standard Brompton dynamo lamp on the rear. Both have capacitors in, so continue to blaze when stopped at junctions. Drag when on is barely noticeable

Bit more £’s than a USB light, but always there and nothing to charge.

Premier Icon ransos
    Subscriber

Oh, we have the bottle dynamo on our work Brompton. Don’t bother – the wires pull out of the bottle very easily when folding it.

As above, what’s the light du jour among the STW-Bromptonistas?

Want something nice and bright on the “be seen” rather than light up the roads sort of thing. Fit and forget on the bike when folded, and ideally USB charging.

Any suggestions?

(Not Knog, though. Have tried their stuff and always been disappointed!)

TVM all, much food for thought, as per.

Am Bromptonning between That London’s Famous City of Westminster and That London’s Famous City of London at the moment. Along the etape du Embankment most days! 🙂

stevious

@greivoustim – thanks for the heads-up but a new bracket for the light will be useless – I didn’t notice my light falling off until I got home.

lcj

The new Zecto lights from Lezyne look good and fit your requirements too?

That Zecto looks gooooooood!

Given I have a Moon Shield on the back, that looks a pretty good match.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Front light recommendations (Brompton, USB charging preferred)’ is closed to new replies.