Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Front light ideas
  • scotroutes

Road bike.

To be seen (daylight use).

Flash mode.

Small.

Light (happy with plastic case).

USB.

Cylindrical (or will fit a Go Pro type mount).

Decent battery life (8 hours?).

Thanks. Looking for something smaller and lighter than a Joystick.

pdw
    Free Member

Exposure Trace?

jkomo

That/\

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Look at the Bontrager ones great.

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve got the Magicshine RN1500 for exactly this purpose as well as helmet light usage on the mtb. Really impressed.

RN 1500 Exclusive Colored Bike Light

matt_outandabout

Look at the Bontrager ones great.

This, apart from the cylindrical or GoPro mount thing.
    We have two sets of these – the 100’s are great, the 200’s nearly nuclear.

ahsat

Yep, Exposure Trace – small enough to put on your bike every time.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIPXSMH2W/planet-x-super-mini-2-way-200-lumen-bike-helmet-light is currently ~7 squids, 6hrs on low, comes with few attachments. Had one ~1 year, great as a “to be seen” light on stem or on helmet.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member
    ginkster

Moon MX:HM? It replaces your Garmin out front mount so very discreet. Has good battery life but needlessly complicated button logic. V happy with mine.

qwerty
    Free Member

Trace 👌🏻

oikeith

I just picked up the Exposure trace(r) set for exactly this reason, I’ve used them a few times now and they are really bright so I’ve pout them down a setting to not blind other road users, I love the pulse mode as its a constant light with a flash, not a on and off flash.

The rear one goes on the seatpost, the front one I have just picked up a mount so it can attach to the underside of my outfront garmin mount making it look super clean.

escrs
    Free Member

I run an Exposure trace for the front and a trace R for the rear (fitted with the seat rail mount)

Perfect for well lit commutes, does everytrhing you asked for

Also run my mtb diablo on the bars for sections of my commute that are near pitch black (did used to use my 6 pack for this but it was blinding other road users!)

Also i run a recharchable clip on light on my bag, best to run two rear lights so if one dies whilst your riding and you dont notice then the other one will still be working

spannermonkey

FYI the Bontrager Ion 200 RT and Flare RT lights have ANT+ so can be controlled via your Garmin if you have one or their own handlebar remote.

Also their Blendr Universal Light Mount (Model W574066) can be used add them to a GoPro style mount.

beaker2135

Trace again for me but I’m an Exposure fan boy

kilo

Another vote for the exposure trace

easily
    Free Member

Get something that is StVZO standard. See, be seen, but don’t blind your fellow old users.

scotroutes

Lots of Trace love. Looks like a good option. Thanks

ransos
    Free Member

FYI the Bontrager Ion 200 RT and Flare RT lights have ANT+ so can be controlled via your Garmin if you have one or their own handlebar remote.

I have those. Good little lights.

northernremedy

Garmin varia front light. If you get caught out late it also is a very good proper light and is ant+ controlled.

Milese
    Free Member

Another for the Trace.

I’ve messed around with a lot of lights over the years but that stopped when I bought a Trace and TraceR pack.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.