Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Front hub conversion; 15mm to QR. What conversion kit do I need?
  • nathandavies
    Free Member

I’m looking to get a conversion kit for my front hub, so I can adapt from 15mm through axle to quick release.
    I’m unsure what brand my front hub is*, so I need a bit of guidance to be sure I’m buying the correct item.

*The rims are Alex Rims DP20, and the assumption is that the hubs might be the standard NovaTech hubs.

Would something like this Nukeproof conversion kit be suitable?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-conversion-kit-15mm-to-qr/rp-prod80192

Cheers.

benji
    Free Member

There is no reason that the nukeproof conversion won’t work as you are converting from one standard to another, and that facilitates just that.

coatesy
    Free Member

coatesy
    Free Member

Unless, of course, your bearing spacings happen to be different to those that the adaptors were intended for, in which case you could end up with hubs wider or narrower than your fork dropouts.

benji
    Free Member

All the 15mm hubs I have seen just have the bearings with no futher spacers, so they just slot in the fork, and the maxle then goes through, hence my conclusion that to change from 15mm through to QR will all require the same adaptors.

nathandavies
    Free Member

Thank you guys. 🙂
    Appreciate the help.

jasonm945
    Free Member

I think Superstar hubs are novatech, try these!

Nobby

Some hubs need a new axle to convert them properly, not just spacers.

Email/ring the guys at Justridingalong – they have a great deal of knowledge (and kits in stock if needed).

mattbee

Lucky you. Just cost me over £50 to swap a 20mm to 15 mm axle in a Chris King hub. It’s a sodding aluminium tube fer Pete’s sake. What price vanity, eh?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Front hub conversion; 15mm to QR. What conversion kit do I need?’ is closed to new replies.