Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Front brake cable routing adaptor thingy…
  • user-removed
    Free Member

As you can see from the title, I've no idead what the thing I'm looking for is called, which makes it hard to find…

I want to swap the crazy long stem on my old Kona for something a bit shorter. The current, original stem has a cable router built into it – the replacement 1" quill stems I'm looking at do not.

Here's a pic;

Any ideas?

harrington
    Free Member

Canti-hanger I think. If you use a regular stem then you can get one that fits below the headset round the steerer….

thepodge
    Free Member

you can get ones that go below the big nut on your headset. no idea what they are called either.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member
    thepodge
    Free Member

here
    sort of, but probably too deep

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers guys – much appreciated. nick, they look about right. Just want to keep using the Kona as an on-road touring bike but the current laid-out-flat riding position is beginning to kill my back!

EDIT; it's a 1" stem so that 1, 1/8th Tektro one won't fit, sadly.

user-removed
    Free Member

Just wanted to check before I buy a bit – is THIS going to work, going on the photo in the first post?

If so, does the outer just sit in the top of the adjuster screw? Sorry for being dense but this is a first for me…

cynic-al
    Free Member

sstu's one or similar will work way better – keep it separate from the hs.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Prob just about – close fit. Yeh the dropped one would be better from SS 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Tectro one maybe suitable?

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers again to all for the replies. Actually went out to Halfords (hellfrauds etc, etc) earlier and bought a quill to Aheadset adaptor so am now worndering if that horrible looking Tektro thing might fit after all? There doesn't look to be an awful lot of space to squeeze it in…

Foxy – have you any idea where I could get a hold of one of those? Not being lazy – have spent far too much 'work time' googling already today 🙂

jahwomble
    Free Member

It's quite cute whatever it's called.

user-removed
    Free Member

Fuzzy, I thank you. I've a nasty feeling there won't be enough space on the Halfords quill adaptor for it but I'm sick of looking now and have ordered one 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry for the delay – can't find a UK based site but:

Tektro Brake Cable Housing Stop, Front 1272AF

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers foxy – I've ordered the el-cheapo one I linked to a few posts above, and also the one fuzzy linked to just in case…….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Front brake cable routing adaptor thingy…’ is closed to new replies.