Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Front bike rack for Stooge Mk4- fork has 80mm offset
  • cokie

My Friend is touring Europe and I’ll be joining him for a leg later in the year.
    I fancy getting a front rack, not pannier but ideally the Spec Pizza rack.
    I’ve also got a couple events I’m going to where a front crate would be quite fun- like this:

I’m not sure what front rack will fit? The fork has 80mm offset & triple mounts on the fork legs.
    Will any front rack fit or will I need something a bit different?

MrTricky
    Free Member

I have a biplane fork on my Speedball – have tried a lot of racks over the years but none will work with the braze ons and thru axle.

I’d go with a holster on the bars and two anything cages on the forks – say 5 litres per cage plus ten to 20 on the bars. The biplane does make securing the holster nice and easy

steezysix
    Free Member

The Pizza rack will work as long as you have mid fork eyelets and a hole at the crown for the bolt to go through. It comes with small metal plates that allow a bit of adjustment in how it’s set up, so it should be easy enough to fit. I’ve had mine on a couple of different bikes and it works great.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrTricky
    Free Member

No hole in the crown on my forks – ask Andy if that has changed

cokie

No hole in the crown on my forks – ask Andy if that has changed

That’s still the case, but I could use a pipe clamp to wrap around the steerer in the middle of the biplane part and then fit the mount to this. Maybe it’s too much effort to make work though. I’ll have a think.

Thanks to all above

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have actually been mulling this morning whether fitting a Surly 24-pack rack to the Stooge fork is viable (it’s not – because of the lack of eyelets on the tops of the legs).

How did you get on cokie? Any pictures of a front-loaded Stooge? 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Front bike rack for Stooge Mk4- fork has 80mm offset’ is closed to new replies.