Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • From SRAM to Shimano.
  • toonfan
    Free Member

My mate (honest) has a 2019 Orange Crush PRO. He has wrecked 2 of the dub BB’s and wants to swap to a shimano BB and chainset setup. How complicated is doing this and what does he need to know??

chiefgrooveguru

A Hope BB with SRAM adapter has worked very well for me with two pre-DUB SRAM chainsets. I don’t know if they do a DUB adapter but it’s worth checking.

onecheshirecat
    Free Member

Hope do indeed make a dub adapter. £15 or so. Was just looking at it today after finding my current dub BB is starting to sound like it’s on its way out.
    Either that or try a cane creek hellbender neo Dub BB. Not sure on availability though

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    docrobster
    Free Member

Assuming he can undo the notoriously hard to get off crank bolts and remove the cranks it’s a piece of cake. Need bb tool obviously.
    Shimano bb’s are reliable and last well in my experience so no need to go for bling. Cranks to fit available for all budgets. Sweet spot is slx though I reckon especially if he wants 165mm arms. Remember the spacing boost or not is in the crank not the rings with shimano. If buying cranks without chainring may also need to get the specific tool to fit the ring. Rings are cheap and available in all colours and sizes

toonfan
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

flicker
    Free Member

I don’t know if they offer what you need (too many different standards to keep on top of) but I’ve fitted a wheels manufacturing BB in place of the standard raceface unit. Very impressed with the quality and longevity so far. Maybe worth looking at.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘From SRAM to Shimano.’ is closed to new replies.