Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • FridgeFreezerTrack world
  • mattyfez

Hi all,

So I’ve just bought a new fridge freezer, nothing fancy just a fairly generic Beko unit.

It’s making a right bloody racket.
    The guy who delivered it I think said to leave it 2 hours before powering it on, and it will take a further 5 hours to get down to temp. So far so good.

I left it a good 3 hours before powering up and now it’s quite noisy about 6 hours later.

I’m well aware you need to let them stand for a while, and first use it might be in ‘overdrive’ for a while trying to cool itself, but should I worry or turn it off? Don’t want to damage it.

Random internet advice says they should be left for 24hrs before power on, the delivery guy said 2hrs.

Annoyingly the instruction manual doesn’t seem to specify… but it does helpfully specify that I should not dispose of the fridge by setting it on fire…. PMSL!

dannybgoode

We have a Beko fridge/freezer. Makes all manner of noises to itself which I find quite endearing – clunks, rattles, gurgles etc. But, it works fine and has done for a few years now…

mattyfez

Update, the buzzing/ticking seems to have stopped now it’s just gurgling a bit, but much more quiet.

You’d think with all the usless BS they put in the instructions they could include someting usefull like a start-up guide.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘FridgeFreezerTrack world’ is closed to new replies.