Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fridge Freezer woes, any experts in here?
  • Lazgoat
    Free Member

We inherited an integrated Hotpoint FF (HM 315 FF) about 4 years ago. It’s now about 7 years old and the fridge isn’t getting anywhere near cold. The freezer got seriously iced up so I’ve taken everything out, switched it off and defrosted it over the last 24hrs. I put it on about 2hrs ago and the freezer is getting cold again as expected. The fridge section though isn’t.
    Any ideas what it could be? Don’t want spend a fortune on repairing it vs buying a new one with 2 years warranty.

johndoh
    Free Member

Seal on fridge door gone?

Drain plug bunged up?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I had a recurring problem with a built in fridge freezer.

Basically the freezer does all the cold stuff, then a fan draws air into the fridge section from the freezer. Usually its a circuit with a corresponding flow of air from the fridge to the freezer.
    What can happen is one of the channels gets blocked by ice, so the circuit is broken.
    Go into the freezer compartment and take out the internal back panel and look for two ducts, then run a hair dryer and make sure you can feel the warm air flowing to the other end (in the fridge).
    The circulating fan can also get iced up and again doesnt circulate the air.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Biggin, there’s no air vent on the fridge section. There is one in the freezer and I can hear and feel the fan blowing now.
    When I defrosted it I had tubs of hot water in it to warm it up and speed up the process. It was pretty thorough. Over 24hrs now and the freezer is freezing as it should but the fridge is still not cold as it should be.

chickenman

Had something similar, it was a packet of frozen peas stuck up the duct between the fridge and freezer. Is there a trim you can pull off to find the duct?

wrecker
    Free Member

2 compressors or 1?

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Door seals are fine. One compressor. From reading the manual, the cooling part of the fridge is in the back wall, and when functioning correctly it should have frost or droplets of water on it. So it should be close to 0C? It’s well above that.

I’ll try and remove the panels in the freezer and check for blockages.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fridge Freezer woes, any experts in here?’ is closed to new replies.