Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fridge buzzing loudly, not cold… what to do (other than drink all the beer)
  • nemesis
    Free Member

As the title, came home to a loudly buzzing fridge which isn’t properly cold.

Google suggests the compressor isn’t working and the fact the fridge isn’t cold and the compressor is really hot backs that up.

So, what to do? I’m a competent electrician but it sounds like a job for someone with the tools and knowledge to fix it quickly so calling for a repair seems like the way to go 👿

The other question then is should I leave it on?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Try pulling it away from the wall to get more ventilation, they don’t like being too hot.

nemesis
    Free Member

Switch off, pull away from wall and let it cool down? It’s an integrated fridge so in theory it’s designed not to have much ventilation.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Is it full of full at the back? If so clean it down and see if it quietens down.

nemesis
    Free Member

There’s nothing obviously wrong. No major dust build up or anything else really.

wrecker
    Free Member

Compressor will always be hot to the touch. Buzzing is a good indicator that it’s on its way out though (i assume your unit doesn’t have a fan at the back?) The compressor will have two pipes coming out of it. One will be very hot (careful), and the other should be cool. If one isn’t cool, the reed valves in the compressor could be passing and it’s FUBAR (or close to it).

nemesis
    Free Member

Nothing is cool. Reckon it’s toast…

nemesis
    Free Member

So switch it off? No point running I guess then as it’s just generating more heat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fridge buzzing loudly, not cold… what to do (other than drink all the beer)’ is closed to new replies.