Friday full english………………………??

Home Forum Chat Forum Friday full english………………………??

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Friday full english………………………??
  • PeterPoddy

Or "THEMselves", to be more accurate.

😉

gusamc

nearly, canteen takeaway – baguette, double bacon, two bits of fried bread (hangs head in shame – whilst licking lips)

Pigface

Yes I will but it will be at lunch time, Black Pudding Fried Bread the lot. Why do they call it a fried slice?

kennyNI

Bacon and Egg Soda. Ulster for me, none of this bean eating at breakfast english malarky 😉

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Most of my colleagues go up to the staff restaurant* for a full English on a Friday morning, its a bit of a tradition here.
    I've tried it a few times, but its stupidly expensive (I think about 60p per bacon rasher) and really rather disgusting! I've never tasted worse bacon in my life. So I sit and work like a miserable git.

*skanky canteen

Not here. Porridge and banana for me.

PeterPoddy

Dez, fry-ups are meant to be BAD in canteens. Suck it up and dig in!

You coming next weekend then? (25th 😉 )

stumpy01

Well, I have just discovered that the Sainsbury's round the corner from my work has a cafe, so just treated myself to a pot of tea and a 'big' breakfast.
    It wasn't 'big', but it was a breakfast. 1 egg, tomato, beans, 1 hash brown, 2 sausages, 1 rasher of bacon & toast.
    To be 'big' I would have expected 2 eggs, 2 hash browns and 2 bits of bacon…..but it was nice, hot & wasn't expensive.

Might be my new Friday morning routine!!

hp_source

Friday is Crumpet day around here, a bit better than sausage and egg butty friday 😕

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Dez, fry-ups are meant to be BAD in canteens. Suck it up and dig in!
    You coming next weekend then? (25th )

That's as maybe – but they're meant to be edible!

I'm thinking I'll be there. We need the weather to return for the bbq eh? Just wish I could find a ride or 2 for this weekend! knottie hinted at Quantocks or Dartmoor, which sounded exciting, but haven't heard since. 🙁 Any ideas?

Premier Icon yoshimi
    Subscriber

Just had my sausage baguette(s) 😀

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

anyone else treat theirselves on a friday morning………. 😀

😯 ^^^^ 😯 WTFROFLCOPTER???????

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I reckon I could eat that (if you took the mushrooms off)

Premier Icon funkynick
    Subscriber

Just had a sausage and bacon cob… with shite sausages and crap bacon, but it's tradition damnit!

Now I feel a bit queezy…

AndyP

lame. Correct quantity of sausages, but wrong kind of tomatoes, no black pudding, and those shrooms look positively anaemic. Full monkey FAIL.

Premier Icon Coyote
    Subscriber

Bastards!!!

I had cornflakes followed by a toasted wholemeal seeded bagel with Marmite on it. I was feeling all saintly now I just feel very, very hungry and not a little miserable.

Thanks.

willard

Mmmmmm. Just had my friday morning cheesy bacon pastry from the local artisan bakers. Now feeling all bacon'd up and ready for another cup of tea and some toast.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Now I'm hungry but no I don't even though I love a huge fry up.

mogrim

Coffee and salmorejo here, sitting outside. Spain rocks!

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Just got to work, usually try not to work on a Friday so not been to gym, coffee man was in the car park so Im now eating a bacon and tomato breadcake with a latte. Any one else having fish and chips at lunch time

Tracey

Premier Icon matthewjb
    Subscriber

Sending one of the junior staff to the local sarnie shop on a Friday morning run is a tradition here.

Normally I have a sausage and hash brown sandwich. Very good.

Unfortunately I'm trying to shed some excess pounds, so today I had a bagel. I'm trying to convince myself it's just as good. This thread is not helping.

Denno17

Just sat down to a chicken smothered burger and chips (real chicken not the processed rubbish oh and i have lettuce on there too so not all bad)

it's all about subversive backstage takeaway breakfasts:

BCLA conference, Manchester Central 🙂

steve-g

The sausage and hash brown sandwich is my breakfast of choice, but sadly not today

AndyP

it's all about subversive backstage takeaway breakfasts:

BCLA conference, Manchester Central
    is that you?
    Ah, the BCLA. Highlight of my year. Not…

that's not me, i'm taking the picture.

bring your bike next year, Cannock is only half hour form the dismal metrohole hotel.

Premier Icon xherbivorex
    Subscriber

hopefully i'm off into manchester in a bit for a friday lunchtime this'n'that curry…

AndyP

would that we got chance…it's absolute 100% work that bugger.
    Now the AAO, that's a much better social/work ratio..

chvck

I had cornflakes, now going to have tuna sarnie for lunch…living the life 😆

mrsflash

Bacon roll this morning. lovely.

AndyP – delegate, exhibitor or organiser?

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Fish and chips were nice

Tracey

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

full english eaten at 9.30 with black pudding and the works.
    just eaten 1 small pok pie and 1 large roast beef and onion on dripping.

i am a pig, i am going over cutgate tonight to punish myself….. 😉

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Ton

Let me know the conditions please. Looking to do it on Sunday but the amount of rain its put down in the last 12 hours in Barnsley is putting me off

Tracey

AndyP

mmw…delegate closest I guess. Lots of our work presented there so cheering on the boss and pressing the flesh mostly.

slugwash

T'was a Saturday, not a Friday. But I recorded it for posterity. From the Cafe at Stanmer Park that does a dodgy espresso………

AndyP

say hello next year, you might even have to get a drink with the cool* kids

*wierd beardy techy types

AndyP

Sounds good. Hey, it doesn't get much cooler than contact lens research mate…

ah well i can normally be found floating around the main plenary room or the sponsors events

i tend to try and avoid staring at pictures of manky eyes all day

It's one of the biggest crews i work with, 27 of us this year i think

there was a lot of beer consumed

mrsflash

Started the day with a bacon roll, now got a glass of wine 🙂 I'm going to miss working here…

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Friday full english………………………??’ is closed to new replies.